Menu

Anyone have any experience with memory foam mattress toppers?

Do they really improve the comfort level of your bed? Our mattress is old--maybe 12 years? It wasn't top of the line when we bought it either, so you can imagine the state it's in now :tongue_smilie: We really can't afford a new mattress at the moment, so I'm considering investing in a mattress topper, but I'm a little skeptical. If you have experience with using one, can you share?

TIA!

We have one. We purchased it at Costco. We LOVE IT!

I wish I had a memory foam BED! LOL!

Oh, that's where I've seen them! Which one do you have? I know DH would be easily convinced :lol: Oh, and yes, I'd do just about anything to be able to afford a Tempur-pedic bed. I bought a contour pillow years ago and converted everyone in my family. My parents recently bought one and they can't say enough great things about it. Someday!

Well, we've had ours awhile. I think it came in a box. It's several inches thick and just lies over our mattress. Then, it came with a mattress cover that covers the memory foam and then stretches down over the regular mattress. Then, we put a mattress pad and sheets on top of that.

The thing about buying at Costco, if you don't like it, take it back. :)

We got a topper a few months ago from Kohl's. Our mattress is also about 12 yrs and not top quality. My dh raves about the difference the topper has made in his quality of sleep. He says he feels so much better. I was comfortable before and I'm comfortable now.

Carolyn

I drive my Dh a bit nuts by insisting on saying at least once a week "I looooooove you, bed!" as I snuggle in for the night. I honestly do love love love it ever since I got the memory foam mattress topper about 10 years ago. We have the one from Costco, though I think the ones they sell now may be an inch thicker than our old one.

Do they really improve the comfort level of your bed? Our mattress is old--maybe 12 years? It wasn't top of the line when we bought it either, so you can imagine the state it's in now :tongue_smilie: We really can't afford a new mattress at the moment, so I'm considering investing in a mattress topper, but I'm a little skeptical. If you have experience with using one, can you share?

TIA!

Oh, Honey, YES! I love it! It's so comfy!

I thought I would add this...I was reluctant to try it because years ago, we had one of those *egg crate* foam toppers and we LOATHED it because it was so stinking HOT! This one is *not*. Not the same thing *at all*.

Ditto! We had the egg crate thing and it was hot but also, it wasn't very comfy. It was sort of softly lumpy and not . . . so cushy comfy.

Highly Recommended!

Ooooohhh, I am sooo surprising someone with a new mattress topper tomorrow :party: I was just making a Costco list anyway! Ok, now, does anyone know how long I need to let it unroll? Will a few hours or one day do the job? Oh, and I guess I need to buy some extra deep sheets to accommodate the extra depth? I'm so excited!!!

Thank you all so much!

Oh, it IMMEDIATELY is ready for use...except...there *is* a bit of *off-gassing*. I'd shop in the morning, go home and unpack it and let it *air* all day. We still noticed the smell for a few days, but it wasn't bad. We could still sleep on it.

And...you will N.E.V.E.R. get it back in that box! :lol:

I have that same "I love my bed" feeling...although, I've never *voiced* it! LOL!

Oh, it IMMEDIATELY is ready for use...except...there *is* a bit of *off-gassing*. I'd shop in the morning, go home and unpack it and let it *air* all day. We still noticed the smell for a few days, but it wasn't bad. We could still sleep on it.

And...you will N.E.V.E.R. get it back in that box! :lol:

I have that same "I love my bed" feeling...although, I've never *voiced* it! LOL!

OK, I'm ridiculously excited :D They have nice sheets there too, so maybe I'll buy a set and have the bedroom all nice and ready when he gets home. Woohoo!!

I don't know about memory foam, but I can tell you I do NOT recommend a sleep number bed unless you sleep in one position all night and have no desire to be anywhere near your husband! Also, the lifetime warranty is a sham. It goes down every year and the bed is made like garbage.

So, that's all I got. ;)

I might look into the memory foam if enough people here like it...

I bought one from Costco a year or two as well and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. When we first got it, I would go upstairs to our room in the middle of the day and lay on the bed because it just felt like heaven to me.

Lisa

We have one that we got at either Costco or Sam's (I can't remember which) and we love it. We got the 3" one that came with a cover and then we put a padded mattress pad over it. It is incredibly comfortable, it's not hot and I just had about one whole month of a pain free back (which hasn't happened in years). The only problem I have had at all is that you kind of sink into the bed so getting out of bed reminds me of when I was pregnant and suffered the turtle on it's backside syndrom. Also my hubby weighs about twice as much as I do and when I snuggle him at night I sink in towards him which makes it difficult to roll over. IMO, the mattress is worth this minor inconvience plus it provides endless amusement for my hubby.:tongue_smilie:

My mil and I have back problems. Her chiropractor recommended the memory foam for her and she loves it. So we got one at Sam's Club. It really does help.

The out-gassing on ours was quite extreme. I think we let it air out for two days before covering it up with a mattress pad and sheets. We've had no trouble using regular sheets on it so you might try what you have before buying new.