Menu

SO Delicious Coconut Milk!

So I go to the grocery store today to pick up a carton of Rice Dream, and What do I find right next to it? Coconut Milk! It's very tasty, and I'm not a big fan of coconut, generally. Ooh, I'm so hoping I can get my whole family to drink it! I bought vanilla, but now I wish I'd gotten the plain kind too, for cooking.

Have you all tried a baby (young) coconut..?

They are so good!

You can punch a hole & put a straw in for your kiddos to drink this summer.

After they have enjoyed the coconut milk...use the "meat" for a smoothie!

What a fun treat!!!:001_smile:

Young coconut before the meat is formed? has been used for IV fluid... the perfect formula.... and of course for just drinking :)

:)

Yes, and that is called coconut water. It's nature's Gatorade. Great for runners in the summer.

Definitely different than coconut milk. Which would not be so good for runners in the summer. :tongue_smilie:

Where do you get it? I have never seen it here and cannot find it for sale online. Maybe I should call Whole Foods?

I found it at Kroger - a regional chain grocery store - in the refrigerated natural foods section. It runs $3.59/half gallon - which is comparable to Rice Dream and others. Certainly cheaper than buying the cans. I'm definitely going to call them and see if they do/will carry the yogurt. Or, maybe I'll bite the bullet and start making my own yogurt again - but this time with the coconut milk!