Menu

Outside water fun - suggestions?

We like water balls. They are foam balls covered with fabric. They come in different sizes and are inexpensive. We fill a bucket for getting them wet and then you can play catch or fling them at each other, like how you might play with water balloons. I like having something that doesn't require the water to stay running the whole time.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Do all the super soakers require being pumped prior? Is there a variety better for first time water gun users?

There are Super Soakers available that work just like a squirt bottle with no pumping. You can attach any kind of water bottle to them and squirt away. They squirt far too! I fill up a bucket so my kids don't waste water with the hose and they can unscrew the bottle, fill it up, screw it back on and be off playing again.

This. Big hit! :001_smile:

I saw this a few weeks ago and thought it looked like a lot of fun! I'm hoping to make it with the kids in a few weeks.

I just thought I'd add water balloon fights, water kickball (baby pools w/water as bases, someone squirting with hose while you run, using a beach ball), water balloon volleyball (two people using towels catch a water balloon and toss over net to another team), sponge relay, Duck, Duck Goose with a pitcher of water (pour on person you say goose on).

We don't need any equipment for water fun here: all I do is give the kids permission to have the taps on, and off they go. I guess maybe it has novelty value because they're not allowed to do it very often, but they never seem to run out of ideas

This is what my kids do in the summer....

we are just a little bit country though.

I'd buy a bunch of huge water guns myself.

AWESOME photo. :laugh:

I'm not really 'city', but I'm not 'country' either (military brat/smaller towns/etc) ...so I have to ask.... those cows won't bite?? :001_huh: