Menu

Snake in the house!!!!!

OMG I wanted to scream :eek:...

We just got back from the doctor, daughter has strep, Im taking the dogs out and shes inside yelling for me. She was standing on the couch, and actually much calmer then I would have been , if I was the one that had spotted it!

Thank god it was right by the door and I chased it out with a broom! :D

The dogs were No help! ! ;)

UGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:tongue_smilie: I hate snakes!

Anything that flies creeps me out. Flying Palmetto bugs give me nightmares. So I hear you on the birds.

Snakes..ugh. My 2nd month in FL we had a 6 ft racer in the driveway. We lived in a gated subdivision so we called the guard gate who in turn called Animal Control. Animal control was not animal control but a female police officer who turned to my dh and asked "Got a shovel?":confused: At least that is what I heard...I was hiding in the house. :D

Oh geez.. Ive had a bird before that was annoying, and so was the chipmunk... but Bats they scare the bejeezus outta me and we use to get them alot ..(KNocking wood) .. But the snake.. that was just creeepppy gross.. thank god it was near the door and I just took the broom and scared it out.. we live in NY so it probably wasnt a bad snake.. but I'd rather see them behind glass !!

Oh god.. bats.. ugghh eckkkk yuck

I don't know which is worse: snakes or scorpions. I once sat down on my dog's bed to pet him and a scorpion ran out from underneath. I think I screamed for a week.

I know this is a bad time, as re: the market, but you simply must sell the house.

Actually its my parents house.. and they wont being selling it. I think it was just a freak thing with the snake.. The other critters all happened during a major renovation of the house. .. the bats were before and the bird and chipmunk were during.. :) Its really not a bad house. ;)

Oh and my house is almost done with construction.. so we will be moving soon.. ;)

Snakes I can do, but spiders, now they scare the bejeezies outta me. A couple of weeks ago I was rinsing my hair in the bathroom sink when I opened my eyes and saw a huge spider.... Turned out it was living in the sink behind that little hole in the porcelain for overunning water. I think my heart is fine now -- what a stress test that was! :eek:

Sandy

Snakes I can do, but spiders, now they scare the bejeezies outta me. A couple of weeks ago I was rinsing my hair in the bathroom sink when I opened my eyes and saw a huge spider.... Turned out it was living in the sink behind that little hole in the porcelain for overunning water. I think my heart is fine now -- what a stress test that was! :eek:

Sandy

LOL I dont really like spiders either, however we have lots of those too and I have gotten use to them, i kill them in a hurry! I think because the house is an old camp on a lake, the water draws the spiders and the bats. But knock wood since the renovations, the bats are staying outside! ;) The spiders we have to spray for constantly!

I am re-thinking Florida now:willy_nilly:

Its funny because.. This is in UPSTATE NY.. and Ive also spent a lot of time in Florida and never saw any snakes, only those little lizards that are everywhere.. oh and once we had an alligator in the back water ;)

I guess I am the lone dissenter. I would've gladly come over and removed your snake if not poisonous. I am the go-to girl in the neighborhood for snake/lizard and spider removals. I love creepy crawlies. :D

:iagree: Me too.

Wait, not really. Not the spiders bit. Just the snakes and lizards bit.

One time we had a baby snake in the house and I jumped up and down and yelled for ds to take it out. He kept saying no, he wanted to keep it. Finally I scooped it into a dustpan and took it outside. Ds went right out and brought it back in!!! No kidding. He said he wanted it for school. (Yeah, that's the way to get me.) So, he put it in glass tank and it became a pet and school project......until......it .......disappeared one day!:eek:

Now, just last week we had a chipmunk in the house. Those things move fast and jump. THAT made me scream even louder. We got it out a window, though.