Menu

I am sooooooooo tired.

This is debilitating. I can not do what I need to do....and I can't THINK. What could cause this kind of exhaustion other than lack of sleep....I just can't think far enough to figure it out. Is this another flare up of Fibro??? The pain is there, but the exhaustion is unbearable....

YAWN!

Faithe

Sometimes if I have been under some intense stress (physical or mental) for an extended period of time, I will feel this way. I usually have to go to bed at 8:00 p.m. and sleep until noon the next day, I feel much better after some extra sleep.

Have you had some extra stress lately?

This is debilitating. I can not do what I need to do....and I can't THINK. What could cause this kind of exhaustion other than lack of sleep....I just can't think far enough to figure it out. Is this another flare up of Fibro??? The pain is there, but the exhaustion is unbearable....

YAWN!

Faithe

Some kind of virus your body is fighting?

Low iron levels?

Low thyroid?

Adrenal burnout?

One of my sisters had low thyroid and that's how she was. Her bloodwork was actually in the low normal range, but low thyroid symptoms can exist for years before it shows up in the bloodwork. Her dr. went ahead and put her on medication based on her symptoms and she felt immensely better.

I get like this and was intrigued by some of the answers. My thyroid is on the low end of normal from a MEDICAL standpoint, and I believe it would be below normal from a nutritional/naturopath.

I get like this when under stress. My husband and I both have been under tremendous stress caring for my parents and his mother, on top of four kids, on top of 37 animals. We've been burnt out. We're on the mend, but any stress will throw me over the edge and cause me to feel as you say, as well as give me migraines.

Have you used antibiotics much in your life? Could you have candida? I also felt like that regularly before I cured myself of candida.

Fibromyalgia is a syndrome - a collection of symptoms. There can be many underlying causes for these symptoms. And yes, one major symptom in fibro is exhaustion.

In peeling back the layers of my fibromyalgia the Dr. has discovered a vitamin D deficiency, thyroid problems, digestions problems (trouble absorbing nutrients from food), adrenal problems, parasites, etc.

Two books that have helped me and my Dr. on this journey have been:

"Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue" by Dr. R. Murphree

"Adrenal Fatigue" by Dr. J. Wilson