Menu

Spokeo Website that contains personal info from Facebook that anyone can see

ATTENTION EVERYONE---There's a site called

spokeo.com and it's an online phone book that has pictures that you have

posted on facebook, credit score, profession, home value income , # of

children, age,..... Remove yourself by the Privacy button on the bottom

right on their website. I personally checked it out and just

......removed my listing.

check snopes.com -- some people are suggesting that the "remove yourself" thing is just a ploy to collect email addresses. And the info you "removed" is still available online wherever spokeo pulled it from anyway.

I wasn't on there and my husband's info was half wrong. It's definitely not going to be considered a reliable source anytime in the near future from what I can tell.

That's funny. I just went on there and input my husband's name. His first (deceased) wife shows up as a household member, as do I. The funny part is, she is listed as "decision maker" and I am not, and there is more info on her than me (she apparantly still likes dogs and gardening as well as making decisions). Oh, and looks as if the children in the house are hers, not mine, which is odd, since all were born after her death. :D

There are a lot of sites like this popping up. Some contain more accurate info than others. The only one I can think of off hand is 123people.com My info on that site is more accurate than on the spokeo.com

Then with all the facebook privacy issues... The internet has been kind of a scary place to be.

According to Spokeo, I live in a million dollar house in NC!:lol: The pictures aren't me and the info is all wrong. My dh's info is even more wrong than mine!:tongue_smilie: (Trust me, if he had a graduate degree he wouldn't be doing maual labor in the 90 degree heat.:D)

I am *not* concerned. Even if they *did* have all that info (and it was correct) does it really matter?

According to Spokeo, I live in a million dollar house in NC!:lol: The pictures aren't me and the info is all wrong. My dh's info is even more wrong than mine!:tongue_smilie: (Trust me, if he had a graduate degree he wouldn't be doing maual labor in the 90 degree heat.:D)

I am *not* concerned. Even if they *did* have all that info (and it was correct) does it really matter?

HEY! I have a million $$ house in NC too! I also enjoy shopping but am not interested in politics....wow...they don't see the AM radio station I have programmed into my van. They certainly didn't take it from facebook because if they did they would see the radio talk show hosts I have as favorites.

I would say some of it was right but that info is probably readily available from tax records and such.

I will worrry when they start pulling my kids pictures from my computer and posting them or some such thing. Otherwise to get accurate info people have to pay for it and they would've had to do that anyway.

Wow, I'm a single upper middle class Sagittarius in a $1M+ home with kids! I never knew! Now where did I hide that money???

Now that's not fair. It lists my home, from 12 years ago and said my neighborhood was below average! It may not have been a wealthy community but it certainly wasn't below average! Though it did say I made $92K per year. Woo!

I couldn't find myself and looked under my ex-husband's name that I got rid of 14.5 years ago. And I found me. I was also listed as single and under my ex-husband's name. I haven't claimed single since age 19 when I was married. And I certainly didn't sign paperwork for that house under that name!

Another funny: we've gotten mail that had my husband's first name, and my ex-husband's last name. :lol:

It's a pay-site though. In order to get more detailed information, I have to pay an annual fee.

As for facebook, I don't list anything I wouldn't tell a stranger, so it's never worried me. Anyone want to know my shoe size? I don't think I have that listed. Hm... sounds like a new status line!

How come my dh gets to be single with no kids?? He has lived in this house 5 years while I have lived in it only one.

They got his Zodiac sign wrong and it says I like shopping. O_o

Sign me up! :glare:

Georgia ( I wanna million dollar house, too)

He he... neither my dh nor I exist!

I found my brother and SIL, though. Apparently they have no kids. Don't know what they've done with my nephews. They also live in a $1M house - not! Almost everything except their names and address is inaccurate. The creepiest thing is that they both have pictures under their names - but none of the people in them are them, or anyone else I know.

Oh, wait - more confirmation that I don't exist! I found my parents - and they are also childless... :tongue_smilie:

check snopes.com -- some people are suggesting that the "remove yourself" thing is just a ploy to collect email addresses. And the info you "removed" is still available online wherever spokeo pulled it from anyway.

I wasn't on there and my husband's info was half wrong. It's definitely not going to be considered a reliable source anytime in the near future from what I can tell.

Yep, we did the remove thing for hubby and his stuff is still there.