Menu

My Final Test Results (medical)

Recap - went to out of town Dr. who specializes in "mysterious" chronic illnesses. Had some immediate test results which showed adrenal problems (which I knew about), gallbladder problem (which I suspected) and a parasite problem (which I also suspected).

I just got my further blood/hair sample test results. I have no food allergies. :party: I have low levels of heavy metal toxicity - about the amount you would expect from someone living in an industrial society. No big flags there though eventually the Dr. might decide to do a detox. My adrenals (as shown in ratios of Calcium, magnesium, sodium and other minerals) are in big trouble.

Right now I've done 3 weeks of an anti-parasite treatment. The first 2 weeks were intensive (5 different medications, 2 of which were prescription). I got to know the bathroom quite intimately. This treatment puts further strain on my adrenals. I had days when I could barely get out of bed. Since your adrenals work with your immune system to keep you healthy, I was getting every virus that wafted by.

This past week was better in some ways, much worse in others. I am now in a one month less intensive phase of my parasite treatment. I am only taking 3 herbal remedies while I take a break from the prescription ones. My G-I side effects are less dire. But my weakened body got worse on the virus front. My dh (an RN who has to see me comatose to get worried about me) was very concerned that I was headed into pneumonia. With almost no adrenal reserves left, this would not be good. I think I turned the corner yesterday, but I'm still coughing pretty long and hard.

I have 3 more weeks on this less intensive treatment where I hope I can gain a little bit of strength, because then I head into 2 final weeks of intensive treatment again. I'm pretty committed to seeing this through. If this Dr. is correct (and I have no reason to think he isn't) then having this treatment will take care of a hidden drain on my health and my adrenal glands. Some prayer, if you're inclined, would be appreciated.

I will say a prayer. I feel for you. :grouphug:

Ignore if you don't want any input: I've had my share of mystery (now dx'd) issues too. Ours were metabolic--I hope the doctor tested metabolics? In my experience adrenal fatigue issues are almost always (I'd venture always) secondary. I assume they tested vitamin D levels, right?

We also had parasites--particularly in my son. If you want to share what parasites I might have some thoughts (particularly if it was b. hominus or d. fragilis...important information I'd like you to have). If you don't get rid of them please let me know because I know a (prescription, very effective, easy side effects wise) treatment that I think is the single best chance to get rid of even the most treatment resistant parasites. Our doctor figured it out after we failed two (much worse side effects) treatments.

Praying the end of this is easier than it has been so far and that you come to good health on the other side. :grouphug:

I will say a prayer. I feel for you. :grouphug:

Ignore if you don't want any input: I've had my share of mystery (now dx'd) issues too. Ours were metabolic--I hope the doctor tested metabolics? In my experience adrenal fatigue issues are almost always (I'd venture always) secondary. I assume they tested vitamin D levels, right?

We also had parasites--particularly in my son. If you want to share what parasites I might have some thoughts (particularly if it was b. hominus or d. fragilis...important information I'd like you to have). If you don't get rid of them please let me know because I know a (prescription, very effective, easy side effects wise) treatment that I think is the single best chance to get rid of even the most treatment resistant parasites.

Praying the end of this is easier than it has been so far and that you come to good health on the other side. :grouphug:

I've had 3 different kinds of adrenal tests. The last ones (that just came in) were metabolic.

My vitamin D levels were tested 2 years ago. They were very low. They are now in the higher end of normal which is good.

Yes, the doctor thinks the adrenal issues are secondary. He thinks that parasites are probably only one secondary reason. Once we take care of that problem, we'll retest/re-evaluate to see what other hidden problems I may have.

I don't know what kinds of parasites I have. The Dr. is taking a broad spectrum approach (thus the 5 different meds) to take care of it. I won't really know if it is successful until this treatment is totally over.

My naturopath recommeds during a detox / para-clense at least once a year if not twice.

Can you take some herbal supplement to strengthen your immune system so you don't catch everything and still be on the prescription meds???? There is something that works great and is completely natural.

My naturopath recommeds during a detox / para-clense at least once a year if not twice.

Can you take some herbal supplement to strengthen your immune system so you don't catch everything and still be on the prescription meds???? There is something that works great and is completely natural.

I'm drinking echinacea tea right now. I'm taking high doses of vitamin C as well as vitamin D to strengthen my immune system. I'm also sucking a lot of zinc lozenges! Let me know if there is more I can do.

I'm drinking echinacea tea right now. I'm taking high doses of vitamin C as well as vitamin D to strengthen my immune system. I'm also sucking a lot of zinc lozenges! Let me know if there is more I can do.

Yes, I think there is more - all natural but in your case I'd check with the doc just so you made sure.

You can buy "Olive Leaf" in most natural food places - at least here in CA. My absolute fave is from "Nature's Sunshine" and is called "Immune Stimulator."

I have not had a single cold for 3 years.

Their website is http://www.naturessunshine.com - you can also check if their is a representative near you. Otherwise I'd order from their website. I have only had good experiences with their products.

Praying for you and encouraging you on your road to COMPLETE recovery!