Menu

Poll: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?  

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• Star Wars
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    • Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
    • Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
    • I love them all equally and passionately!!!
    • Star Wars? Wasn't that a Reagan era military program?
    • Seen them. Loathed them. Stop bothering me and go to the airport.

It's late, and I'm wasting time online because I have to stay awake to take dh to the airport at 11:30 pm. So, the Institute for the Propagation of Uninformative Threads presents its latest poll.

I like A New Hope best, but I think Empire is the best movie.

Thanks for keeping me awake and alert!

Because, after seeing each of the GOOD films the day they opened (ok, not the first one, 'cause who knew?) I was THRILLED to be able to take my kids to the opening days of the new films. Sitting beside my kids, one with autism who had bitten the head off my original Darth Vader action figure as a toddler, when the opening credits started I teared up! That was so much FUN - sharing Star Wars on the big screen with my kids! I look forward to taking them, now teens, to the new Indiana Jones film, too.

The pod race was pretty cool, too. And Darth Maul. And..."there's always a bigger fish."

Guest Virginia Dawn

My favorites are Star Wars and Return of the Jedi. I'm starting to feel friendly toward Star Wars again since we haven't watched any episodes in a long time. We have all of them and my two middle boys watched them like crazy until the youngest boy no longer took naps or went to bed early. :-)

We all really don't care for the last one made at all.

It's late, and I'm wasting time online because I have to stay awake to take dh to the airport at 11:30 pm. So, the Institute for the Propagation of Uninformative Threads presents its latest poll.

I like A New Hope best, but I think Empire is the best movie.

Thanks for keeping me awake and alert!

Empire, hands down; although A New Hope has its own special place, and I love many individual scenes out of Jedi.

Empire strikes back. Ds and I quote lines from the movie all the time. Plus, I just cried over poor Han.

My ds is a big Star Wars fan, he wants to invent a real lightsaber and can wield one like a pro. It's interesting to watch 4,5, and 6 with the new perspective of 1,2, and 3. I don't hate Darth Vader so much.

I have to say I'm in the minority here and I picked "Revenge of the Sith" but I really wish I could have picked more than one. I love the first 3 episodes, not the first 3 movies released. I love that I now have the background story that always seemed missing. I know most think Empire is the best of them all but I always find that one so long and boring.

I have definitely become more of a Starwars fan since the release of Episodes 1-3, my dh and kids would say give them all 6 all day everyday though:lol:

I wish I could pick more than one. I chose Empire because I thought it was a better movie, but I loved Phantom Menace because of the look it gave us into the beginnings of Darth Vader. It's hard to hate him when you think of that adorable little boy asking, "Are you an angel?"

Actually, while I love the story and the ideas in the first three movies (Ep. I-III) the writing was so horrible that I couldn't ignore their flaws. Some of the dialog just made me want to gag. So...Empire Strikes Back it is. At least in that one, Luke didn't whine so much.

Ds is a bit of a Star Wars geek, too. In fact, if you want to see something funny, check our our blog (linked in my sig).

There's only one other person who hated Star Wars? I didn't even like it much as a kid. Oh sure, I wanted an Ewok, but beyond that it was just b-o-r-i-n-g. I can't believe they're still making the stupid sequels or prequels or whatever. I have let my family know that Star Wars ranks right up there with sports, UFC fighting, and anything on SPIKE network.

Star Wars is pretty close. Didn't *love* Return of the Jedi, but it was satisfying.

The last three--bleah. What a disappointment!

You may notice that you cannot buy the last three in a set, as you can with the original three. There's a reason for that :-p

I have fond memories of seeing the older movies in the theatre. I still enjoy watching them. The newer movies are good, but I think I will always like the older ones the best.

I do like how they showed Anakin's story. It is so hard to watch Episode III; the whole time I am saying, "No, Anakin! No!"

My ds is a major Star Wars geek; he also really likes the Clone Wars animated series. His favorites are episodes II and III, because he really enjoys the clone wars. He spends most of his money on action figures.

We quote Yoda all the time here: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Wendi

There's only one other person who hated Star Wars? I didn't even like it much as a kid. Oh sure, I wanted an Ewok, but beyond that it was just b-o-r-i-n-g. I can't believe they're still making the stupid sequels or prequels or whatever. I have let my family know that Star Wars ranks right up there with sports, UFC fighting, and anything on SPIKE network.

I don't like it either, to much violence and sci - fi for me.