Menu

I saw this elsewhere...You might be a homeschooling family if...

...your spend more in your monthly budget for school supplies then food.

...your kids actually know what the word socialize means (because so many people have asked them how they could possibly be socialized).

...your librarian knows you by name, asks your kids what books they'd like her to buy for them, offers to help you carry your loot to your car...

...rocks, leaves and broken bits of bark are considered family treasures.

...your kids get quizzed on a regular basis from complete strangers and extended family.

These are just a few I thought of.

Can you think of any good ones?

... you ALWAY have a supply of homegrown, organic bean dip in your purse along with a ziploc baggy of wholewheat pita bread chips

... even your teenagers know to say "it work for us."

... you plan outings on the random school-system teacher-work days rather than become the neighborhood day care

... people are constantly amazed at how nice, well-behaved, funny, interesting your kids are -

... you plan outings on the random school-system teacher-work days rather than become the neighborhood day care-

So that is the trick.... This is just brilliant!!! I am so sick of either being the day care or hiding in the back bedroom avoiding the phone!!! I will definitely remember this

Lee

(who will one day make a siggy)

How does a homeschooler change a light bulb?

First Mom checks out three books on electricity from the library; then the kids make models of light bulbs, read a biography of Thomas Edison, and do a skit based on his life. Everyone studies the history of lighting methods, wrapping up with dipping their own candles. Next, everyone takes a trip to the store where they compare types of light bulbs as well as prices and figure out how much change they'll get if they buy two light bulbs for $1.99 and pay with a five dollar bill. On the way home, a discussion develops over the history of money and also Abraham Lincoln, as his picture is on the five dollar bill. Finally, after building a home-made ladder out of branches dragged from the woods, the light bulb is installed. And there is light.

Another version for you...

Q: How many homeschoolers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Gasp! Is it legal to change your own?

Shouldn't you let a trained professional do it? Won't your little lamp be brighter if someone who studied for four years (after barely being able to turn on their own lamp) changes your light bulb? What if you screw it in wrong? What if you leave something out? Don't you think you should give your little nursery lamp a chance to be part of a huge, glowing marquee or chandelier? Bulbs do need to hang in groups, you know.

Besides, why do you think light bulbs come in multi packs? You don't just go out and get a single light bulb! If one light bulb needs fixing, then you know the others are ready for it, too. Give your professional a 12 pack and let him/her change them all at once. It's much more efficient and gets you on a schedule with all your light fixtures.

Oh, Oh, I remember the marker in the purse story! Wasn't it when someone from the boards was at Whole Foods and needed a marker to write on a self-serve baggie? It just so happened that another homeschooler there had a marker in her purse.

LOL - that was how I met Mary from these boards. I thought everyone carried an assortment of sharpies in their purses until then.

Your refrigerator has items in it marked "Do not eat science project in progress."

The "art" on your walls consists of world maps, Leonardo Da Vinci drawings, State birds, and handwriting charts

Your evening meal is often planned around whatever time period or culture you are studying

Your family vacations are to Williamsburg when everyone else is going to the beach.