Menu

Dr. Who Fans...

I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen the actor, and I totally know where you're coming from. On the other hand, I thought I would have SUCH a hard time making the transition from Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant, but he turned out to be just SO good, I am hopeful that this new Doctor will turn out to pleasantly surprise me as well. :grouphug:

Edited by Caitilin
misspelling

We just caught up via DVD the other night. (We spent Easter night watching all the specials.) Due to spoilers on this board...:glare: (:lol:) I knew that he regenerated but the rest of the family didn't know. I was afraid we were all in for a major depression but we are hanging in there. (Now, when Donna had to go home and not remember...a very sad week or two over here!) We are still talking about the episode...he will knock four times! We liked how he went around to see everyone.

We looked into getting cable so we can see the new episodes but think we might go with Netflix instead so the kids can see all the old episodes...how fun! We love Doctor Who!

The new season's first episode is fantastic. I worried when Tenant replaced Eccleston, but Tenant was great. Now, after worrying about Matt Smith, I think he's going to be brilliant as the doctor. I might even like him better than Tenant. *gasp* I didn't think that was possible, but this guy looks like he was made for this show. Someone wrote that he was perfect for the role because his natural look is one of an alien trying to be disguised as a human. :lol: And although I didn't like the look of Karen Gillan (the companion, Amy), I really think I'm going to like her in this role. I felt the same when Catherine Tate joined the show. She was much too feisty for me, but the role was a really good complement to the doctor at the time. I'm wondering if the same vibe is trying to be recreated with the new doctor and companion.

(Um, don't ask how I saw it. We are big Dr. Who fans with a buddy who is a major big Dr. Who fan, and we all purchase every Dr. Who episode that comes out on DVD) :D

We just finished watching Season 3 on Netflix tonight. But I was looking at the BBC website, and noticed that there is a new doctor. (We're a bit behind, you see.) I think I will eventually like the new doctor, since at first David Tennant was "new" and now I like him. I remember Tom Baker well from watching the old series when I was a kid. My ds and I are really enjoying the new series, and I just found that there are some old Tom Baker ones on Netflix as well.

Wendi

The new season's first episode is fantastic.
I haven't seen it yet (I'm still not ready to let go of Eccleston), but that was the consensus here. Ten or so of our friends watched it with DH last weekend, and everyone left giddy with anticipation for the next episode.

I haven't seen it yet (I'm still not ready to let go of Eccleston), but that was the consensus here. Ten or so of our friends watched it with DH last weekend, and everyone left giddy with anticipation for the next episode.

:tongue_smilie: It took me a whole series to get into Tennant, but I finally did. I really thought that by the last series that Tennant just couldn't get any better and it was pretty much Doctor perfection. I pretty much knew then that it was time for a new one. I'm looking forward to the oddness of the new one, though.

Next Saturday night is going to be like the Super Bowl around here.

:tongue_smilie: It took me a whole series to get into Tennant, but I finally did. I really thought that by the last series that Tennant just couldn't get any better and it was pretty much Doctor perfection. I pretty much knew then that it was time for a new one. I'm looking forward to the oddness of the new one, though.

Next Saturday night is going to be like the Super Bowl around here.

It was because he was so perfect in the role that I didn't want to see him go. :sad: It took me a while to get used to him at first, too, so I suppose I'll give this new guy a try. But do they have to keep getting younger?

we will not be able to watch it. Since Sifi dropped it we can't see it. I refuse to upgrade just for BBCAmerica. For the price of the upgrade I can buy every episode. My folks have BBCAmerica and they are going to DVR it for us, but they live 9 hrs away. We are going up in the spring, but then not again till the fall. I'm so mad that Sifi didn't pick it back up. They rather put stuff on about finding ghosts. :glare:

We are all going to miss Tennant, but we're hoping Matt Smith is good and the writing stays strong.

I don't think I'll change my profile picture yet. :D

Oh, I do miss Rose! I thought it was so silly that she got a doctor clone to keep around as a boy toy, but whatever. :tongue_smilie:

I saw the regeneration episode and agree that I will certainly miss Tennent's looks (does it say much that I had my DH get his hair cut the same way, and matching glasses?). Still, I hope the new guy turns out to be a nice fit.

we will not be able to watch it. Since Sifi dropped it we can't see it. I refuse to upgrade just for BBCAmerica. For the price of the upgrade I can buy every episode. My folks have BBCAmerica and they are going to DVR it for us, but they live 9 hrs away. We are going up in the spring, but then not again till the fall. I'm so mad that Sifi didn't pick it back up. They rather put stuff on about finding ghosts. :glare:

We are all going to miss Tennant, but we're hoping Matt Smith is good and the writing stays strong.

I don't think I'll change my profile picture yet. :D

Maybe you can find it online?

Or maybe you could upgrade for a couple months. :D

Yeah SciFi used to be good, then changed its name to SyFy and is nowhere as geeky as it used to be/should be.

My 11yo is starting to get interested and since BBCA was playing it all Saturday, we got to watch the regeneration again. She thinks the new guy is cute and she doesn't like Tennant because he's Barty Crouch, Jr. I think we will be having a marathon soon. :lol:

It was because he was so perfect in the role that I didn't want to see him go. :sad: It took me a while to get used to him at first, too, so I suppose I'll give this new guy a try. But do they have to keep getting younger?

And why can't he be ginger? :tongue_smilie:

I watched Tennant on a talk show recently and he said he knew it was time to go. He didn't want to come in next year and fret about the Daleks again. :D

Maybe you can find it online?
*cough* Now who would do something like that?

We do end up buying them though.

Yeah SciFi used to be good, then changed its name to SyFy and is nowhere as geeky as it used to be/should be.
It looks like the name of a genetic condition.

Can you get the current episodes this way? (Pardon my ignorance.....I really don't know how Netflix works.) We don't have access to TV, but there are some shows (such as Dr. Who :)) that we would like to watch. Is this possible via Netflix or can you only watch past seasons of things? Oh, and it would have to be accessible via computer as we are overseas. Thanks for answering my (hopefully not too dumb) questions. I can't quite figure out the details from their site-

Elaine

Can you get the current episodes this way?
No, they're shown on BBC America. The first episode is set to air this weekend up coming.