Menu

ABP for PlaidDad

We were discussing on another thread about the paucity of HSing dads, and someone mentioned PlaidDad (Drew Campbell) as having gone AWOL. Anyone know where he is and what's happened to him?

Some people seem to have disappeared...... I just wonder where they go? :leaving:

:iagree: And, right now, I am missing the encouragement to learn Latin ahead of the children. :tongue_smilie: Sigh.

They are only 3, 3, and 5. I suppose I do have time.... but even so.... it's a loooooooooooong climb, isn't it?

Longer if you don't get started. ;):tongue_smilie: Poke. Have you looked at "Getting started with Latin"? This is a nice easy intro for yourself while you decide on which program to use with your dc.

Longer if you don't get started. ;):tongue_smilie: Poke. Have you looked at "Getting started with Latin"? This is a nice easy intro for yourself while you decide on which program to use with your dc.

This is a great book. I'm already too far behind my oldest two and I would heartily recommend getting ahead of your dc.

Laura

Thanks, El. Obviously, I do need a friendly poke to move faster on Latin. I've taken a year and half :001_huh: to complete the first two units of Henle I. Unbelievable. I do get 100% on everything, so I understand it, but even so, the format of Henle is killing me. Can't get momentum with it, for some reason. I'd love to look at First Form someday, especially with the DVDs. I think another "person" in the room would help!

In spite of the snail's pace (or because of it?), I do find myself chanting noun declensions while washing dishes, bathing small children, folding laundry, peeling carrots, mopping the floor, listening to my sister on the phone, and other various and sundry mundane tasks of daily living.

Hey, maybe I should post water-proofed, laminated verb conjugation charts in the shower -- my ONLY uninterrupted time of the day. That might do the trick.

Thanks for the nudge.

!

In spite of the snail's pace (or because of it?), I do find myself chanting noun declensions while washing dishes, bathing small children, folding laundry, peeling carrots, mopping the floor, listening to my sister on the phone, and other various and sundry mundane tasks of daily living.

Hey, maybe I should post water-proofed, laminated verb conjugation charts in the shower -- my ONLY uninterrupted time of the day. That might do the trick.

Thanks for the nudge.

:lol::lol::lol: I have found myself chanting declensions as I'm trying to fall asleep, not on purpose, the chanting not the falling asleep part. Keep plugging along, it'll get in there.

How about those soap crayons? You could write the conjugations on the shower wall. :D

:lol::lol::lol: I have found myself chanting declensions as I'm trying to fall asleep, not on purpose, the chanting not the falling asleep part. Keep plugging along, it'll get in there.

terra, terrae, terrae, terram, terra!

terrae, terrarum, terris, terras, terris!

servus, servi, servo, servum, servo!

servi, servorum, servis, servos, servis!

bellum, belli, bello, bellum, bello!

bella, bellorum, bellis, bella, bellis!

lex, legis, legi, legem, lege!

leges, legum, legibus, leges, legibus!

pars, partis, parti, partem, parte!

partes, partium, partibus, partes, partibus!

flumen, fluminis, flumini, flumen, flumine!

flumina, fluminum, fluminibus, flumina, fluminibus!

portus, portus, portui, portum, portu!

portus, portuum, portibus, portus, portibus!

res, rei, rei, rem, re!

res, rerum, rebus, res, rebus!

:w00t:

Edited by Sahamamama

This is a great book. I personally have bought and given out about 10 copies. Everyone I have given it to loves it. He is supposed to come out with a second level although I don't know when.

terra, terrae, terrae, terram, terra!

terrae, terrarum, terris, terras, terris!

servus, servi, servo, servum, servo!

servi, servorum, servis, servos, servis!

bellum, belli, bello, bellum, bello!

bella, bellorum, bellis, bella, bellis!

lex, legis, legi, legem, lege!

leges, legum, legibus, leges, legibus!

pars, partis, parti, partem, parte!

partes, partium, partibus, partes, partibus!

flumen, fluminis, flumini, flumen, flumine!

flumina, fluminum, fluminibus, flumina, fluminibus!

portus, portus, portui, portum, portu!

portus, portuum, portibus, portus, portibus!

res, rei, rei, rem, re!

res, rerus, rebus, res, rebus!

:w00t:

Oo:w00t: Cliff Notes. Thank you, I need all the help I can get.;) I miss Plaid Dad too.

• 1 month later...