Menu

The Handy Dandy Blow Dryer, or How To Fall Asleep in Comfort!

All these "cold" threads! Thought I'd share a rather silly something I've been doing at night--

I keep my blow dryer on my nightstand, and I've been using it to preheat the bed right before I jump in at bedtime! I feel kinda dumb, but hey, getting into luxuriously warm sheets and blankets is heavenly!

Give it a try! (Don't forget to "dry" under your pillow, too--ahhhhh.)

I haven't seen the other threads yet, but I have to say I got an electric blanket for Christmas and now I don't know how I lived without it. My bed used to feel "wet" it was so cold. Now I have it all toasty when I climb in and turn off the blanket so I don't overheat. The greatest invention EVER!:D

All these "cold" threads! Thought I'd share a rather silly something I've been doing at night--

I keep my blow dryer on my nightstand, and I've been using it to preheat the bed right before I jump in at bedtime! I feel kinda dumb, but hey, getting into luxuriously warm sheets and blankets is heavenly!

Give it a try! (Don't forget to "dry" under your pillow, too--ahhhhh.)

Dh and I were doing the same thing with a heating pad! Dh finally got so tired of being cold, he bought us a heated mattress pad. It's so nice to crawl into a warm bed at night!

Dh and I were doing the same thing with a heating pad! Dh finally got so tired of being cold, he bought us a heated mattress pad. It's so nice to crawl into a warm bed at night!

My parent bought me a heated matress pad last year and it has been a lifesaver. Of course, if you fall asleep with it on too high it is amazing how HOT you can get. Also, those pretty little lights on the control is very hard for my son to resist. I've found my mattress on high during the day numerous times and it's hard not to just slip into bed for a few minutes...

I was thinking of an electric blanket but got flannel sheets first, and have since decided the bed is now plenty warm. Seems indulgent to have a separate sheet set just for winter but its much less shocking to get into bed now.

I got the 190 gm Pinzon sheets made for amazon. I have since bought two more sets for 2 of my kids (the other two are never cold.).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates a toasty bed in the winter. I use my hot water bottle or my big heated rice bag. I shove it down where my feet go about 5 minutes before bed and move it up when I got to bed. I get to sleep so much faster when I am warm. I have an electric blanket but never use it because our bedroom is plug challenged.

On a similar note, when my guys were babies I would put my heating pad in the crib when took them out to nurse them at night. So when I put them back to bed, I would take the pad out and lay the baby on the warm spot and they would cuddle right in.

On a similar note' date=' when my guys were babies I would put my heating pad in the crib when took them out to nurse them at night. So when I put them back to bed, I would take the pad out and lay the baby on the warm spot and they would cuddle right in.[/quote']

I did that in dd6's bassinet before putting her back in--just had to check the temp to make sure it's not too hot first.

• 1 year later...
Guest kathleen8108

I to am one for warming up the bed with the hair dyer. I came upon this by my aunt who would turn on an old school hair dryer and take a nap while it was running. When I would spend my days as a kid over to her house I to got used to the whole falling asleep with the hair dryer running. I looked forward to taking naps with her because the humming and warmness of it would put me in a kind of uforic mood and put me to sleep. Recently there was a show on TLC about a women who is addicted to sleeping with the hair dyer. It's quite scary because she had been burned by it many times. I to have been burned by the hair dryer when one blew up on me from running it to much. Thank god my parents would take it away from me at night or else I would have burned the house down. Just be careful out there. I thought I was the only one who had the habbit of sleeping with the dryer but come to find out a person with the same name as me also has the same habbit. Im just glad mine is not as bad. Don't get used to the sound of the hair dryer it's comforting but deadly.