Menu

How gadget savvy are you?

How gadget savvy are you?  

1. 1. How gadget savvy are you?

• 0-1

On a scale of 1-10, how gadget savvy do you consider yourself? I am speaking of electronic gadgets such as computers, mp3 players, smartphones, PDAs, tablets, gaming systems, handheld gaming devices, etc.

I voted in the middle. I resist change. Its not that I'm too stupid to understand these things, its that I'm too lazy. So, I will resist and resist until my kids get mad, stop just doing it for me and I have to do it myself - by that point, I've seen it demonstrated enough that I feel I have pretty decent understanding of how he gadget works and can usually take it from there.

I hope 1 was not tech-savvy.

I voted 2 since I'm currently using a computer and have a blog.

Otherwise, I know how to put in a DVD and a CD into the player and I can download images from my digital camera.

I don't even know what you are talking about with that other stuff? Tablets? Gaming stuff? No PSP, DS, Ipods, Droids. I know these names only because I hear the kids in Sunday school saying them. LOL.

Clueless.

I guess I'd consider myself pretty tech savvy. I can pick up any of the gadgets that you mentioned and work them with no problem. I have an iPod, an iPhone, the kids have an iTouch.....I got a laptop for Christmas. I'm a photographer so I work a lot with computer editing programs and slideshow movies, etc.

I asked my oldest three sons how tech-savvy they think I am. My oldest said 2, my 2nd ds said 3, my 3rd ds said 4, so I went with 4. :001_smile:

Really, I can pretty much figure out what I have to - especially if one of my kids is nearby to help.

What is the difference between Ipod and Itouch?

Ipods play music right?

Nifty little chart aka: more than you ever wanted to know about iSTUFF. :D

[i think I mentioned to you that dd12 had been given an older iPod by a friend of mine? 1st generation shuffle on that chart]

As to the poll, I voted 8. (assuming 10 to be the greatest level of saavy)

I'm fairly comfortable with most gadgets once I get to know them. I have a Blackberry, though it's the older Pearl 8100 and doesn't do nearly as much as the newer creatures, and I've used various handheld & console gaming things, mp3 players, etc... comfortable on my laptop (although there are things in the menu that I don't think I've ever tried out LOL - and ditto for my BB), been using digital cameras for years now.... there's still a lot that I haven't tried, meaning both newer-but-familiar (like the newest BBs) or the completely unfamiliar, but I catch on pretty quick if I get a chance to play with the buttons. I've never been much for reading directions. :tongue_smilie:

I put 7 - but that is only if I have a little time to mess with things, which I never seem to anymore! We don't *have* a ton of gadgets, because we are trying to live more simply, but I was always the one my friends or coworkers would come to when they couldn't get some computer related thing or communication devices weren't working right (I was a speech-language pathologist). I do love technology. :001_smile:

I asked my oldest three sons how tech-savvy they think I am. My oldest said 2, my 2nd ds said 3, my 3rd ds said 4, so I went with 4. :001_smile:

Really, I can pretty much figure out what I have to - especially if one of my kids is nearby to help.

I didn't have to ask mine--they've been threatening to send me to tech remedial classes for a long time! I'm the only 0-1 vote!