Menu

Gift suggestions for music teachers?

My next question is how much are these gift cards? I've got piano, karate, art, cooking, swimming, dance, sport teachers to give something! I think a candy bag is enough? I usually do candy and home made cookies, but making the cookies is so much work and then I worry nobody eats others food!

My next question is how much are these gift cards? I've got piano, karate, art, cooking, swimming, dance, sport teachers to give something! I think a candy bag is enough? I usually do candy and home made cookies, but making the cookies is so much work and then I worry nobody eats others food!

I think a food gift would be very much appreciated. When my dh was an AWANA leader he received food gifts from some of his kids. We ate everything. LOL!

I didn't make any holiday gifts for my children's coaches or dance teachers. We usually chip in on a year end gift for them instead.

We are giving a $15 gift card to my dd's speech teacher because she did a fantastic job with my daughter. We also gave a little bag of Dove chocolates to my children's hs co-op teachers as a semester end, thank you gifts.

For all of our kid's teachers this year we're making Peppermint Bark or Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies on the back of the Rice Chex box). They are simple and quick to make. Then put in a pretty tin and you're done.

For our piano teacher, I found a beautiful musical print fleece at Joanns and decided to make her a small no-sew fleece blanket.

This is a first for me. Usually I buy everything, but I'm glad I found a more personal and less expensive options since we have a lot of outside teachers!

We made cocoa cones. Cute, they cost $5 or so in the store but cost us about 50 cents each to make at home. :)

When we had several teachers to buy for the kids gave a handmade card, a handmade gift like a bookmark or ornament, and I bought $5 g.c. for coffee or Ben & Jerry's. At $5 for 6-7 teachers, we were looking at $30-35 total (affordable for us) and we were able to bless the wonderful teachers with something they enjoyed.

Cat

Since they're attending the University, you could get them a gift card to either the campus coffee shop (might be a Starbucks!) or a gift card to the University bookshop. If they live locally, then a card to the closest music store would be totally appropriate.

If you're looking for a "thing" to give, mechanical pencils (music themed, if you can find them at a music store) or books of staff paper. No music major ever had enough staff paper. :D