Menu

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is being made into a movie

I never got the chance to read the zombie version but my son wanted to read it. He'll probably want to go see the movie too. I love P&P sans zombies but who knows...Maybe I'll learn to like the zombie version too. Natalie Portman will star as Elizabeth Bennett-zombie slayer:glare:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/11/natalie.portman.prejudice.zombies/

I've passed this book so many times, half smiling and giggling, half appalled, but I might have to read it now. When I read in the amazon reviews (spoiler - this is the best I could do to hide the text - highlight it...) that Catherine de Burgh employs an army of zombies, I was sold. Sounds too funny to pass up. To those of you who have read it, is it similar to the Tuesday Next stories?

Edited by BikeBookBread

I never got the chance to read the zombie version but my son wanted to read it. He'll probably want to go see the movie too. I love P&P sans zombies but who knows...Maybe I'll learn to like the zombie version too. Natalie Portman will star as Elizabeth Bennett-zombie slayer:glare:

No. Just. No.:svengo:

Run for your lives!!!

My son is thrilled, positively thrilled to hear this news. He loved the book. I had a hard time with it, I'll confess, since I just don't quite get the zombie thing. That said, I now predict that there will be some very interesting English papers on P&P down the road...

Jane (who has not yet read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. My son preferred PPZ but thinks I might like this second one, sea monsters being something I understand more than zombies--whatever that means.)

Oh, we'll be going, I'm sure. My husband just told me about it last night. I bought him the book (PP&Z) for his birthday, and I've been eying the Sea Monsters book for a while now. I think I can handle Sea Monsters better than Zombies (and I read the first several pages of Sea Monsters and couldn't help but chuckle).

Of course, I like Twilight, so... :)

How Kewl!! I'll go see it!