Menu

Pocket Knife for DD12

My dd12 would like a pocket knife for Christmas. We've never bought one before - What's a good starter knife and where do we buy it?

Oh, and she also wants a nice red bucket about 8 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches tall......:confused:.........where do I get that?

Thanks.

No clue on the bucket. I second Hornblower. Swiss Army knives are great. Where are you? You can buy one just about anywhere around here... hardware store, Wal-mart, drug stores, seriously!

:iagree:

but check on the local laws about carrying a knife. they have made it illegal to carry a knife here in Australia. I still carry my Swiss army knife in my handbag though. I use it all the time.

Different states have different laws regarding the types of knives and blade lengths permissible. Here's a link to knife laws by state:

http://www.thebladeshop.com/State_Knife_Laws_s/478.htm

I can't imagine that there would be any problem with either a Swiss Army knife or a Leatherman tool (as long as you don't take it to school or try to board an airplane with it).