• baked subs
  • pan-seared pork chops/pork tenderloin with sides

Popular lately:

Fajitas

Meatball Subs

Sauteed Tilapia

Chili

Chicken stir-fry on rice

"WTM Casserole" (recipe from the old boards)

- unroll crescent dough in baking dish

- sprinkle 1lb cooked bacon/sausage/ham on top

- mix 4 eggs & 1 c milk, and pour on top

- top with shredded cheese

- bake for 45 min or so (350 I think)

HTH!

Roast chicken

Roast beef

Chicken rice soup

Spaghetti

Meatballs with gravy and rice

Burritos

Tacos

Pancakes and hamburger gravy (an unusual one from my childhood, but my kids love it; they've even requested it for Christmas dinner)

Pork chops (breaded and baked)

Pork chops (marinated in wine, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper, & sesame seed oil) - these are sooo good

Chicken (coated in flour, salt & pepper and baked)

Chicken cacciatore

Edited by LizzyBee

Well, we go in phases but I recently felt like we were in a rut as well (not to mention that I was feeling a bit under-appreciated in the cooking dept). I've been trying some new things, too. These all fall in the yummy-but-frugal-and-healthy category. Well, yummy for us. It's so person-specific . . . and we're vegetarian!

quiche with potato crust (instead of a pastry crust -- shred potatoes,rinse,dry and press into lightly buttered pan. bake till light brown [you may have to put foil around the edges part way through]. remove from oven, fill with egg mixture, place pan on cookie sheet and bake till done). Everyone loved it and better than with regular crust.

Minestrone with feta (frugal) and olives (from the Whole Foods olive bar, not so frugal but just a few).

Homemade pizza

baked polenta topped with a toss of diced tomatoes, mozzarella, chiffonade of basil, and salt and pepper. sometimes I toss in canolini or black beans if I have them.

Baked potatoes with all the fixings.

We'll be trying baked sweet potatoes this week but haven't yet. I can't say if it will turn out to be a favorite yet.

Our favorites lately:

Mandarin orange chicken (a frozen dinner from Trader Joe's, but you could make it yourself)

Hungry Man's Macaroni (cook ground beef or turkey with onions and peppers, add spaghetti sauce, broth and pasta, cover and cook till the pasta's done)

Chili (I use the Twenty Minute Chili recipe from Cooking Light) with cornbread

Shrimp sauteed with lots of garlic and broccoli, served on pasta

To get out of your rut, I suggest looking into some ethnic cuisines. We're studying world geography this year, and when we studied Africa, I cooked (with some help from ds) three different African meals (Egyptian, Ugandan, and Nigerian). This really revived my interest in cooking and trying new foods. My ds is also fascinated with Japan because he's addicted to anime and manga, and we've found a great Asian market near us. We go often, and I've tried a number of new things. Also, our church shares facilities with a Korean church, and we recently had a potluck, where we had the chance to try many Korean dishes. Mmm. So I've been on quite an international foods kick this year. I'm finding there are so many delicious recipes I never would have thought of trying! If you want any of my new favorites, let me know!

Wendi

Funny, we had a round of 'what is your favorite meal' at the dinner table last night.

Hits at my house are:

Lasagna

Chicken and Biscuit bake (a cream of chicken soup concoction that I tolerate at best)

Taco Soup

Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes (yeah, we are weird)

Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, omelets, etc...)

Baked white fish with lemon and herbs served with rice and salad

Baked lemon herb chicken

(we like lemon stuff)

Chicken and broccoli Stir fry with rice

Chicken Pad Thai

Homemade pizza with salad

Tandoori (style - I only WISH we had a tandoor!) chicken with tomato chutney, rice, cucumber salad and homemade naan - this is a MAJOR treat meal

Roasted turkey

The very occasional steak on the grill - I refuse to cook it inside...seems such a waste of good beef to me!

Fettuccine with pesto and sauteed veggies and salad

Guest janainaz

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken Smothered in Onions (the BEST recipe)

Swedish Meatballs and Noodles (so easy and good)

White Chicken Chili (easy easy easy)

Fajitas

Enchiladas... I make them about once a month... but, they would get eaten weekly if I made them and everyone gets SO excited when I do...

1-2-3 Nachos (not the healthiest, that's for sure, but fast and fun!) 1 large can of chili (or homemade, too!), 2 cubes of cream cheese, cut into little pieces and 3 cans of nacho cheese soup (campbells)... stir and heat in crock pot and serve with chips... IF there's leftovers, add some meat and put into burritos!

Quesadillas in pretty much any form, but especially with cheese, shrimp, thinly sliced avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice. My kids beg for these, and they're so healthy and easy to make.

Lasagna

Homemade pizza/calzones

Basic roast chicken rubbed with olive oil and Adobo, with mashed potatoes

Ravioli and sauce

Baked mac and cheese

Edited by melissel

homemade pizza

tacos

sausage and penne

chicken Parmesan

sweet and sour chicken (but we don't make that often, it's a lot of work)

cheeseburgers

sausage patties on an English muffin

macaroni and cheese

beef enchiladas

Who are these meals best loved by? The children. Mine and my husband's list would be different. These are things the kids willingly and happily eat.

Cinnamon curry tofu is the only meal I routinely make that pleases everyone completely. Red & black beans simmered in a flour-oil-garam masala-onions saucy kind of mixture also makes most of us happy. Tempeh cooked up in a mixture of mango or peach salsa and vanilla is very yummy. We eat all of these things with rice and salad. Other nights we do falafel and hummus in a pita with sprouts, or the classic in-a-rut meal, spaghetti and TVP in sauce.

Edited by dragons in the flower bed

taco potatoes...baked potatoes topped with taco meat, salsa, sour cream, cheese...whatever you put on tacos, and a salad made with romaine, corn and black bean frozen veg. combo (cooked and cooled), black olives, and a little cheese and salsa, dressed with spicy ranch dressing.

allrecipes.com is my favorite website.

Lasagna- everyone LOVED this! we made the sauce later without meat and used it for spaghetti one night and the next night we made pizza using focaccia bread as the crust.

Lamb Stew-my youngest son said the blessing the night we had this the first time. He ended his prayer with "Pleeeeease help this food be good." He cleaned his bowl and asked for more the next day. We served this with pita bread.Greek Marinated Chicken- our grill has a huge hole in the bottom, so we cooked it indoors. It was still really good.

These are not from from allrecipes:

Homemade chicken fingers

Porcupine balls

My son's favorite pork chops

My husband's favorite lately has been tacos. I brown the beef, with no onions or any other seasoning. I toast the the tortillas and put in beef, cheese, (our favorite is Sargento Artisan blend Mexican) and whatever else anyone likes.

Another favorite at our house is what we call Scarborough Fair Chicken. I take a whole chicken, brush on a little olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Bake at 350 until it is done. Very simple, but very tasty.