Menu

It is absolutely frigid out there ...

I honestly cannot even fathom temperatures that cold. I've lived in FL my entire life, never seen snow, never been in temps that cold. When it hits the 30's and 40's here, my teeth are chattering. The coldest weather I've ever been in is when it hits about 20 degrees down here. And that is a RARE occurence. I don't think I'd be able to breathe at 0 (or negative) degrees!

I honestly cannot even fathom temperatures that cold. I've lived in FL my entire life, never seen snow, never been in temps that cold. When it hits the 30's and 40's here, my teeth are chattering. The coldest weather I've ever been in is when it hits about 20 degrees down here. And that is a RARE occurence. I don't think I'd be able to breathe at 0 (or negative) degrees!

Oh, you'd be able to breathe. Your teeth would probably chatter out of your mouth though:tongue_smilie:!

We live in MN and tomorrow should be a real hum-dinger...calling for cold and snow. My kiddos were out slidding down our ditch and making snow angels earlier today. At least with the snow, they get outside. If it's just cold and no snow--they won't even go out:glare:. I guess I can't blame them though. I didn't even go out today when they went:tongue_smilie:.

it's actually easier to breathe in the cold weather than it is in the hot, humid weather. Even the months APPROACHING summer take your breath away in AZ. In cold weather you bundle up and layer. I was miserable in NH until I learned to dress right. There's nothing you can do in the heat, ESPECIALLY the humid heat, but relax in a pool. Which is what I do in the ungodly summer months here. :001_smile:

and one more thing, I just could NOT get into the Christmas spirit, even as a Christian. I am not used to decorating and all with green grass and no snow. Yuck.

Oh, I would LOVE to have a white Christmas. Just love it!!! Nothing could say Christmas better than a snow white blanket in the yard. I have to settle for hoping we don't have to wear shorts and sandals on Christmas day. :lol:

I don't know anything other than a Florida Christmas though. I do hate the hot weather.....during the summer we rarely go outside. I'd love to live somewhere that it says around 70 degrees during the summer and 30 during the winter. Is that possible? LOL.

Public school kids are hoping for snow days here. The blizzard word is being used for Wednesday night and thursday.

Oh, lovely. We usually get the weather to the west of us a couple of days after it happens. So we can look forward to our blizzard tomorrow and maybe another on Saturday.

Currently it is 7* in Northeast Maine.

Wanted: home to trade for Christmas. We offer to you: a 4 bedroom home in northern Alberta, with festive tree and fireplace with garland around the mantle. Outside, there is a thick, white blanket of snow. A family of white jackrabbits live across the field.

Hey, if you're dreaming of a white Christmas, then I'm dreaming of your green one!

Ha ha, I'm griping about my high of 45F. What a wimp I have become. :D

Me too! We're 47 right now but it's supposed to get down to a fridgid 27 tonight. Yikes! I'm from WI. That shoudl be no biggie, but I'm shivering just thinking about it. I guess after 5 years, I've aclimated.

Wanted: home to trade for Christmas. We offer to you: a 4 bedroom home in northern Alberta, with festive tree and fireplace with garland around the mantle. Outside, there is a thick, white blanket of snow. A family of white jackrabbits live across the field.

Hey, if you're dreaming of a white Christmas, then I'm dreaming of your green one!

Me, Me! I will trade you my three bedroom home in sunny Honolulu. I too have the festive tree and twinkling icicle lights along the roof line. The lawn is a beautiful carpet of green and the plumerias are blooming. Only a mile walk to the beach and I can guarantee the daily high (and low) will be within 5 degrees of 70.

Christmas is just not Christmas without the snow and cold.

If a job comes with it, I'm there :lol:

It's 1 degree here. I'm finally looking at mitten patterns. A little late, I think :glare: