Menu

baked macaroni and cheese - looking for the best recipe

I have a serious craving for baked mac-n-cheese (maybe with ham too) and want some wonderful recipe to make. I like the cheese to be creamy (so maybe I need a bechamel sauce in there) and I like a topping (but its not necessary).

Do you have one you would like to share?

Thank you!!

I have a serious craving for baked mac-n-cheese (maybe with ham too) and want some wonderful recipe to make. I like the cheese to be creamy (so maybe I need a bechamel sauce in there) and I like a topping (but its not necessary).

Do you have one you would like to share?

Thank you!!

Stouffers mac and cheese is the best.. Seriously, I don't think I'll be baking my own anymore. Theirs is so good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mac-and-cheese-recipe2/index.html

Easy and so good that guests will want to use their index fingers to scrape the plate clean. I make this every Thanksgiving with Gruyere or fontina cheese. Seriously fattening and glorious

:iagree::iagree:

I totally agree--- it's our stand-by macaroni and cheese recipe.

And I will add that I just had mac and cheese at Panera Bread the other day; it's new on their menu and it was DELICIOUS. If there's a Panera near you, I"d highly recommend it!

astrid

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mac-and-cheese-recipe2/index.html

Easy and so good that guests will want to use their index fingers to scrape the plate clean. I make this every Thanksgiving with Gruyere or fontina cheese. Seriously fattening and glorious

:lol:

DH and I go to this Mexican restaurant and I always ask, "It's still impolite to lick my plate in public, right?"

:lol:

I have to say after reading so much lately about adding cheese to the white sauce I began doing that after years of layering my mac & cheese. Well, just yesterday, I made some and went back to layering. Everyone told me it was the best I had made in a while. So I will go back to making the white sauce (which I add dijon mustard and worcestshire (sp?) sauce to) and then layering noodles, sauce, cheese etc and the awesomeness that is my family's mac & cheese. :D

Edited by newlifemom
wow, too tired to try to make that readable. Sorry.