Menu

I am going to SCREAM!

Ripping out hair, stomping feet, throwing books temper tantrum here.

One of the kids got mouthy with me this evening, another one didn't follow a request (order, she knew it was an order, I don't do requests) oldest ds calls me up to tell me I'll never get our birth certificates/passports in time. (Well ****, put the wedding on hold)

Darling sister is going through hell with her ex. So are the little girls. She cried when I talked to her this evening. That's the worst. I can't help her except to pray and encourage. She's an awesome mom.

Oh, no, you're not. You are not stepping off the pedestal I have you on!

(I remember one friend of mine getting SO happy when she heard me yell at my kids once... it made me more real to her...)

Anyway, so sorry about your sister. Keep listening, loving and encouraging her. I needed my best friends when I went through it.

One of the kids got mouthy with me this evening, another one didn't follow a request (order, she knew it was an order, I don't do requests) oldest ds calls me up to tell me I'll never get our birth certificates/passports in time. (Well ****, put the wedding on hold)

Darling sister is going through hell with her ex. So are the little girls. She cried when I talked to her this evening. That's the worst. I can't help her except to pray and encourage. She's an awesome mom.

Wow. A rare vulnerable side to our Remudamom....::001_huh: Fit throwing aside.

Take a deep breath.

Put the wedding on hold :smilielol5:

You can't fall apart - I'm watching to see how you handle this whole wedding thing so I know how to do it in a few months.

Remember, when things get tough for me I pretend I'm Remudamom!

I hope things are better for you tomorrow.

BTW, you can order a rush on passports. You just have to pay a little extra.

1. Do the passports now. Use it as an opportunity to breathe, & look forward to the opportunity to say, What were you thinking? Don't you have a donkey's behind worth of sense? I get my stuff done, & I recall doing your. stuff. for. you.

Or something better.

2. Mouthy? Nope, you were dreaming. No one would dare.

3. I don't know what you can do for your sister. That's not a fair blow--I've got a sister, too. But after being her shoulder to cry on & loving her, can you go for a ride? Something outside w/ some wind in your hair, so you get the feeling of running away, even if you still actually end up in your own house at the end of the day.

4. They didn't say wine & chocolate. Cover your ears. It was rum. Do you like coke? And maybe some more babysitting for those sweet little kids you watched a few months ago. That seemed to flip you inside out, & since you're all tangled up right now, that might be just what you need to straighten out.

:grouphug:

Okay, friend, you once told me to dab a little rum behind my ears prior to a stressful confrontation. It sounds like you just need a swig straight from the bottle. ;)

About the wedding...BTDT with a snarly oldest son. Rum helps.

You absolutely have time to get everything done for the wedding -- June, right?

Get on the phone and sweetly order the birth certificates you need. Explain ds is getting MARRIED and you are all so excited but gotta have passports. Be sweet, joyful, and persistantly pleasant. You'll have the BCs in no time.

Then march down to your nearest passport office. Have your paperwork in hand. Smile for the photo. If it is less than six weeks before the wedding, pay for expedited service. When the forms ask when you are leaving the country, cheat by a week.

If you don't have your passports in hand two weeks before the wedding, call your local state representative or senator. That will slick things through.

(Friends did this a few years ago when the passport office went through some major slowness.)

I also recommend you start a notebook for all the wedding details and lists and etc. Write it all down. My notebook was a valuable help to me as we planned my son's wedding. (No bride's mom, so dh and I did most of the planning.) My notebook was my control point. Everything I needed to know or remember or do was in there.

Keep breathing deeply, pat a horse when you get stressed, ride often, and keep the rum handy.

You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers for you and for your sis.