Menu

Anyone NOT like Keva planks?

Thinking of getting the kids 400 keva planks this year, which would cost $130. A lot for us.

Will my kids really like them? They're 4 and 7 and love building with Legos and things like that.

Does anyone have kids who do NOT like Keva planks? Or does everyone like them?

I was fortunate to get a large number of them on discount after Christmas two years ago. They have about 350 planks and of course, they think they need MORE. I don't think I could pay $130 for them, but we are "cheeeap."

My children enjoy them and both say they like them better than their Lincoln logs (which is REALLY saying something). My kids tend to build what I would consider to be simple structures; trains, towers, castles, ships, etc. They built the Eiffel Tower once. LOL.

HTH.

I got ours on sale for a huge discount, I think I paid about $30 for 400 planks on clearance.

My kids will build with them sometimes but they are not a huge hit here. They both prefer lego bricks.

If your kids are very creative, they may have more fun with them than mine do. My kids told me I could use a few for kindling once! :eek:

Thanks for the replies. It really has helped me to decide. I thought more people would like them, so it was good to hear about kids who don't.

I think I'll wait until they're older and can really assess for themselves if they want them. Now that I really think about it, the best part of building with their legos and k'nex is the fact that they can make something and then run around the house with it. They like to make spaceships and have space battles with each other. You can't run around the house with Keva planks.

Thanks for helping me to decide, hive.

I thought about getting Keva planks for Christmas this year too (my girls are 2 and 5), but like you, I think I'm waiting. Duplo blocks didn't get used and I sold them on craigslist recently. I think I'll wait till they are a bit older. I think I decided on a marble run or a domino race set instead.