Menu

Is a subscription to Lego Brickmaster worth it for an 11yo Lego nut?

My dd lives for her Legos. She goes with me to the mailbox every day hoping that her new Lego magazine (the free one) will be here. The only time she doesn't go with me is for about one week after the magazine arrives. Since it only comes out 6x/year, she's looking out for the next one almost every day.

Is the Brickmaster subscription worth it? How neat are the special lego kits that come with it?

She'll probably love it then!! The magazine is an expanded version of the free one and the kits are small - but my boys love to get them - I think they usually show the next one in the brickmaster advertisement in the magazine.

The kits and magazine come at the same time - so you still have the kids checking the mail each day the month the subscription is to arrive!!

We even took advantage of the free legoland ticket one year. And if you do any ordering from them online you'll get a couple of coupons to use as well.

My dd lives for her Legos. She goes with me to the mailbox every day hoping that her new Lego magazine (the free one) will be here. The only time she doesn't go with me is for about one week after the magazine arrives. Since it only comes out 6x/year, she's looking out for the next one almost every day.

Is the Brickmaster subscription worth it? How neat are the special lego kits that come with it?

I admit that I began intercepting and throwing out that dang (free) lego magazine after a year or so. I HATED them. It made my ds just want more more more sets. A year or so of no magazines and he is finally just playing and inventing, as I remember Legos were supposed to be!

That part shouldn't be a problem with my dd. While she likes the sets, what she really wants is just a bunch of bricks that she can use any way she wants. The problem with the sets is that they are so specialized that it's difficult to build anything other than what's on the box.

She's asked me to try to find an old Lego creator set that's just bricks.