Menu

Pizza Hut RANT!

We were car shopping and stopped into a Pizza Hut a long ways (60 miles ) from our home. We went and were seated. After 10 minutes we went up to the counter to place our orders. 3 waters and 3 buffets. On the buffet was 1/2 a pineapple pizza so we got our salads. I told one of the people (there were 5 of them) behind the counter that we need more pizza to be brought out. We sat down, prayed, ate our salads and waited and waited. Finally we got our water but still no pizza. 2 pizzas finally come out and of course everyone in the restaurant pounced on them. We each got 2 small slivers of pizza (not the usually slices but half that). We told them again that they need more pizzas out and proceeded to wait. This went on for an hour. We finally gave up. We had noticed that the restaurant was less than half full and everyone had to go up to get their drinks. Some people ordered pizza off the menu and that was brought out to them. When we went up to pay the kid behind the counter (who was wearing the manager's tag) asked how was it. I calmly told him. We waited and didn't get service, we didn't get food and we were very upset. He just snickered and didn't even offer a half hearted apology. I asked for a manager and he was it. It is to far away for us to go back into and I don't feel that a call will produce any other results. Any other suggestions?

We were car shopping and stopped into a Pizza Hut a long ways (60 miles ) from our home. We went and were seated. After 10 minutes we went up to the counter to place our orders. 3 waters and 3 buffets. On the buffet was 1/2 a pineapple pizza so we got our salads. I told one of the people (there were 5 of them) behind the counter that we need more pizza to be brought out. We sat down, prayed, ate our salads and waited and waited. Finally we got our water but still no pizza. 2 pizzas finally come out and of course everyone in the restaurant pounced on them. We each got 2 small slivers of pizza (not the usually slices but half that). We told them again that they need more pizzas out and proceeded to wait. This went on for an hour. We finally gave up. We had noticed that the restaurant was less than half full and everyone had to go up to get their drinks. Some people ordered pizza off the menu and that was brought out to them. When we went up to pay the kid behind the counter (who was wearing the manager's tag) asked how was it. I calmly told him. We waited and didn't get service, we didn't get food and we were very upset. He just snickered and didn't even offer a half hearted apology. I asked for a manager and he was it. It is to far away for us to go back into and I don't feel that a call will produce any other results. Any other suggestions?

Write a letter to the manager and the main company. We've had horrible experiences at Pizza Hut. I won't return.

Write a letter to the company. At the very least, you will likely get an apology and a complementary meal. Best case scenario, they actually do something about the idiots at the Pizza Hut where you got the crappy service. :)

Maybe, maybe not. I had a bad experience at a chain (franchise) restaurant and when I sent a letter to the company all I got back was a 'thank you for contacting us' form letter. Either they are swamped by complaint letters or they just don't care. I love this particular chain's menu but I have heard that they are in financial difficultly nationwide and have been separated corporately from their 'sister' chains.

Write to Pizza Hut. Economy is tight... they dont' need to run off business like this. Be clear & detailed. Stress how patient that you were & how you were away from home.

We don't eat there anymore. Our local one is slow & dirty. I can remember that PH was the coolest place to go as a kid & we could only go in the big towns... always a treat for us small town kids. So sad to see them dropping the ball.

Kid is a manager b/c they don't want ot pay real salaries, you thinK?

I think I would have been very tempted to place some regular orders and when they came out, place them on the buffet with a polite "thanks!". I wouldn't have paid for those orders of course. :D

We've stopped going to PH because the service has been so bad the last several times we've gone.

Write a letter to the manager and the main company. We've had horrible experiences at Pizza Hut. I won't return.

Ditto. We chose not to participate in the Book It! program this year because our experiences at both Pizza Hut restaurants in town were terrible last year. The kids loved the program, so I felt bad having to tell them we wouldn't be signing up this year - they cheered. :lol:

I think I would have been very tempted to place some regular orders and when they came out, place them on the buffet with a polite "thanks!". I wouldn't have paid for those orders of course. :D

We've stopped going to PH because the service has been so bad the last several times we've gone.

Ha! That's pretty creative. :lol:

I would write as well. I would *guess* that you would get something out of it. Maybe I'm being to optimistic.

I have not eaten anything from pizza hut for 16 years. NOt since we ordered a pizza and got hair in it, so sent it back and they gave another one. We did this 6 TIMES in a row and all 6 had hair in them, disgusting. The manager that day tried to charge us for all 6 claiming we must have been putting the hair in them ourselves (despite the fact you could see it was baked right into the cheese). Pizza hut has horrible service, and if it was that bad 16 years ago, I can only imagine it has gotten worse over the years.

Last year we had horrible service at a Pizza Hut when we went for the Book It program. While the children ordered their free pan pizzas, my dh and I did place full orders for our food. We waited for over 30 min. with nothing - no food, no drink. I complained - calmly but in my mommy voice. They said, "Oops. We forgot to place your order." We didn't get our order for another 1/2 hour. The waiter apologized when he brought it out. I said, "that's ok. Thank you for our complimentary pizza. We are not paying for this. If the manager has a problem with that he can come and explain to us why it took 1 hour to get 2 kid's pan pizzas and 2 adult orders." The manager came out, apologized himself, told us that of course there would be no charge and gave us a coupon for a free meal. We had a choice of 3 local Pizza Huts where we could "cash in" the free coupon. We decided to try one of the other locations. The service was just as bad.:glare: I didn't bother to complain at this one. I just got our free food and have decided never to go back again.

I would call the corporate office and complain and find out who is above the manager and complain to them.

I had the worst service ever at a local Applebees and when the check came it said to call and do a survey about your service. I called, got a person on the phone and gave them an earful.

I got a call the next day from the manager apologizing plus $20 in coupons.

PH seems to be trying to morph...in our area they are now becoming 'the Hut.'

If someone upstream is really working to change the overall image of the company, they will be appalled at your story. Phone and write corporate, but also call that store and asked for contact info for the owner.

Speak up and loudly. Other people are wasting their hard earned money there, too.