Menu

Can I vent about Tide's spout bottles?

The last time I bought laundry detergent, the only containers of Tide I could find had those stupid white spouts on them. I hate them. They drip and make a mess; then when I replace the clear measuring cap, the cap drips all over the place. Now, I have to wash out the clear cap, dry it, and put it on *each* and *every* time I do a load of laundry.

What a pain.

OK, I'm done. Thank you.

I dispense it directly into the machine's dispenser too. I have soft water so about 2-3 seconds worth does it.

I park it on a shelf above my washer but have considered duct taping it to the machine (so it doesn't fall off during the spin cycle).

It is an irritating container though.

I like the spout because I have a shelf right above my washer where I can set it and then I can just open the washer and push the button and the detergent squirts directly into the machine. I don't measure, just kind of eyeball it. I do occasionally have to wipe drips off the lid of the washer, though.

I switched to the powder with my front loader. Tide liquid wont work in my machine. It makes my clothes smell after a few loads. The Tide powder has been wonderful lately. I started using the HE one. I havent seen it at Sams. I know they had the regular one. Can you use that in a lower strength in the front loader?

I just use a smaller amount right now of Tide HE and my clothes are always very clean.

:iagree: I stopped using the clear measuring cup and just eyeball it- then I sit the jug upright and it doesn't seem to drip. Hate it!

I don't "hate it". It was troublesome at best. It saves me from having to buy more smaller bottles at higher prices when I find it on sale. The measuring cap goes in the washer. I NEVER replace it. When the clothes go in the dryer, there it sits, at the bottom of the washer, clean and ready for the next load. I then save it when the bottle is done in the event that the new using one does get lost in the load and goes into the dryer. I have a couple of them hanging around. I don't mind standing the bottle upright, as all the rest of the bottles stand upright also. The size and price keep me buying it and I tweek the system intended. I am smarter than the bottle and the system intended.

Ok, I'll be a loner here and say I love it. I measure into the clear cup and then throw the whole thing in the washer. No drips and I get all of the detergent out of the bottle. It doen't get stuff in the rim around the lid like the original bottles which used to drive me crazy. I evem fill the new bottles with dispensers with water and then dump in all in a load to get one last load out of each bottle. :)

Ya know - I've never had a problem with dripping - ever! Until I just bought my current bottle from Sam's. I usually buy it from Wal-Mart... I wonder if that makes a difference? :confused:

I also usually just throw the cup into the washer. And I do the same thing - fill the jug with water to get that last little bit of magic Tide. :001_smile:

ETA: I keep the cups sometimes... haha. I think they're useful for things you might not want to use a "good" cup for. Like a water cup for paintbrushes... or paint itself. May also make a good cup for scooping pet food!