Menu

Grandpa's Gone

He passed in the early hours of the am. We're all very grateful that his journey has come to an end. The last day or so he'd been in extreme pain.

Wolf wants to help with the funeral arrangements, and then head home. Hopefully he'll be here around noon. I'm grateful, because my pain levels are such that I can't manage too much longer without completely collapsing. I don't know if I'm exhausted because of the pain, or in pain because of exhaustion. Don't suppose it much matters.

I thought Grandpa was 103. He was actually born in Sept, 1903, making him just shy of his 106 birthday. :blink::w00t:

Edited by Impish

Sorry for your loss. When dh's father died, for a while it seemed like he was not the same person and I wondered if things would ever be the same as they were before FIL's passing. Just to reassure you, it did get better. Time passed and dh's sadness/depression/anxiety/short-temper lessened. I am sure dh will never be exactly the same person as he was before, but the time did come when he could laugh and enjoy life again. Don't panic if it takes a little while. Just hold on and be there for him.