Menu

Anyone have a HOMEMADE fudgesicle recipe?

Can you make some homemade pudding? That uses cocoa, milk, eggs, and sugar. Before you pour in the pudding put some peanuts at the bottom of the cup and then pour in the pudding. Yummy!

You could maybe mix cocoa powder with vanilla yogurt (the kind made with real sugar) and freeze it in cups?

My mother used to make them for us with plain yogurt and ovaltine or quick. You could probably do something similar and use the Ghiradelli sweet ground chocolate, or else make your own chocolate syrup with cocoa and sugar and milk or water. If it were me, I'd just take the yogurt and start adding my preferred form of chocolate until it tastes good. :) Good luck!

RICH COCOA FUDGE

• 3 cups sugar

• 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed Cocoa

• 1/8 teaspoon salt

• 1-1/2 cups milk

• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Line 8-or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil.

2. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in heavy 4-quart saucepan; stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil. Boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 234°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.)

3. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool at room temperature to 110°F (lukewarm). Beat with wooden spoon until fudge thickens and just begins to lose some of its gloss. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool completely. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature. About 36 pieces or 1-3/4 pounds.

NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.

VARIATIONS:

NUTTY RICH COCOA FUDGE: Beat cooked fudge as directed. Immediately stir in 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts and spread quickly into prepared pan.

We have an egg allergy in our house, so I use a very simple cornstarch pudding recipe that calls for sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, a smidgen of salt and (usually) whole milk. I think the recipe I have came from the back of my grandmother's cornstarch box, back in the olden days, but any pudding recipe would do.

The secret with these cornstarch recipes is to whisk all the dry ingredients in your pan, then add the milk slowly, whisking continually, heating the mixture until thick.

is one of those that can be modified endless ways and always comes out good.

Basic:

one package silken tofu (1 lb)

2 c milk

sugar to taste (at least 1/2 c)

vanilla

1/4 c powdered cocoa

throw all in the blender. Makes between 8 - 16 popsicles.

The tofu gives it the pudding base.

Add-ins:

any kind of flavoring extract: vanilla, almond, peppermint

any kind of ripe berry

ripe bananas

You can also leave out the cocoa to make other pudding-y flavors.

• 2 months later...