Menu

you know you've got it bad when....

While awaiting your most recent school order, you run to the windows (in the order that the UPS guy usually comes, just in case he made it by one and is actually around the corner or in your drive) every time you hear any type of vehicle - even though you know it's not the sound of your UPS truck, because you have it memorized. And while doing said running, you compose a little ditty to the tune of "Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?" altered to "oh where, oh where is my UPS guy?". With multiple verses. In rhyme.

I need help.:lol:

While awaiting your most recent school order, you run to the windows (in the order that the UPS guy usually comes, just in case he made it by one and is actually around the corner or in your drive) every time you hear any type of vehicle - even though you know it's not the sound of your UPS truck, because you have it memorized. And while doing said running, you compose a little ditty to the tune of "Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?" altered to "oh where, oh where is my UPS guy?". With multiple verses. In rhyme.

from The Music Man. You know how they get so excited b/c the instruments and uniforms are coming on the Wells Fargo Wagon? :D I can totally relate to what you are saying.

I do the same thing, only now you've taught me a little song to go with my crazy, neurotic behavior. :glare: :D

Maybe we all need some sort of 12-step program... ;)

Cat

Another sign that you've got a problem is when you are out around town and the UPS man honks and waves because he knows you so well. :001_huh:

Happens to me, too... and not just with UPS. The FedEx guy stopped me in a restaurant recently to say hi, and that he knew I was there because he'd parked his car next to mine. I also see the mailman all around town, and he recognizes all of our cars and waves at us.

We order way too much stuff online.

Cat

If you get a tracking number, you can know exactly when your package is being delivered (you track it and get the "Out for delivery" message). Oh what joy! Usually the truck comes late afternoon, but every once in awhile there's a late morning delivery, and you can hope when you get that "Out for delivery" message that maybe, just maybe, the truck will be early that day.

What do people in the real world do for fun?

Another sign that you've got a problem is when you are out around town and the UPS man honks and waves because he knows you so well. :001_huh:

What if your kids also went as "Charlie" (not "the UPS guy") for Halloween and, since he was on vacation, the fill-in driver, "not-Charlie", took a picture and texted it to him, and he spent a while wondering when he gave me his cell phone number? Because he recognized the four-year-olds, but not the number. Is that not a good sign?

How about when you know that the UPS run doesn't com by your house until 3 or 4 but you still keep peeking out the windows all morning. How is it that my packages made it onto a truck at 5:10 this morning and it takes until 4 pm to get the boxes????

Not only that, but I can see which center it's coming from, so I know if it'll be an 11, 4, or 7 o'clock delivery!:rofl:

What if your kids also went as "Charlie" (not "the UPS guy") for Halloween and, since he was on vacation, the fill-in driver, "not-Charlie", took a picture and texted it to him, and he spent a while wondering when he gave me his cell phone number? Because he recognized the four-year-olds, but not the number. Is that not a good sign?

I think you win the prize.

Oh, yeah, this one definitely wins the prize! :D

Cat

Yes, definitely you win the prize.