Menu

Amazon orders

I don't know how many books you're talking about ordering, but this year Amazon was my main book supplier; I had over 250 books in my cart, and was unable to place an order. After several frustrating days I contacted Amazon and they said that their system won't accept orders of over 100 items unless you are a business (why they couldn't have that somewhere on their website beats me).

hth!

I, too, went nuts trying to place that order. I had to move tons of stuff onto my wishlist and place several smaller order. Sadly, I ended up ordering 3 duplicates because of this. Sigh!

No way! I was counting on that for my customers!:glare: Does everything have to be more expensive for ya'll?

It sure seems that way. Not only are the books higher priced, but we are required to spend more for free shipping (at least they offer it to us, not many places do), no deals like the ones you guys are talking about, and from what I can tell nothing like this prime that was mentioned.

I just easily deleted from my wish list. I clicked on delete and it deleted the item, and returned to the same page.

I don't really keep things on my wish list; I keep them in the "save for later" area. When I delete from, say, page 3, I am taken back to the beginning after each.

Okay. I've got at least an improvement. This should have been obvious!

Delete item.

Then hit <- arrow on your browser window. Sure, the item will still be there, but it beats the old method. You can always hit refresh if things are getting too cluttered with now-deleted items.

Okay. I've got at least an improvement. This should have been obvious!

Delete item.

Then hit <- arrow on your browser window. Sure, the item will still be there, but it beats the old method. You can always hit refresh if things are getting too cluttered with now-deleted items.

Brilliant!

No, I don't separate my orders. Amazon always has shipped items to me as they become available, without adding additional shipping charges, any time that I have used the free shipping option. I don't know why they do this, but I'm a fully happy customer for several years !

I'm going to be ordering many, many readers for our school year. Some are more obscure titles that Amazon has the best price on. I'm thinking it would be wise to separate the orders into several $30 orders to qualify for free shipping, but also won't hold me up too long if a few titles take a while to ship. Do you make smaller orders with your Amazon school stuff?

I've had Amazon hold my whole order for a very long time, waiting for one item, and other times, send the order in chunks for faster processing, with no extra charge. I suspect it has more to do with their warehouse locations than anything else. I once had an item that was not in stock that wasn't sent even though it was shown on the item's page as now being in stock; however, an email to customer service resulted in it being quickly UPS'ed to me.

Maybe not very small, $30 orders, but I see no advantage to me in having HUGE orders, especially if some of the items may take 2 weeks to get into stock. It definitely makes sense to separate orders with 4-for-3 items, otherwise only the cheapies will be the free ones. (I did this once and saw this was how it worked so I changed my order before submitting.)

I placed my first order for the summer a couple of days ago (I'll make lots of small orders to get a good deal on the 4 for 3) and signed up for the free trial of Prime. It's awesome! I keep going back and ordering more, LOL. I got my first order today already. My UPS guy is going to hate coming here every day for so many small packages, LOL.

I'm not going to want to give it up :(

I placed my first order for the summer a couple of days ago (I'll make lots of small orders to get a good deal on the 4 for 3) and signed up for the free trial of Prime. It's awesome! I keep going back and ordering more, LOL. I got my first order today already. My UPS guy is going to hate coming here every day for so many small packages, LOL.

I'm not going to want to give it up :(

I just did the same and I'm expecting my first packages tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm going to give it up. It's only charged once a year, from what I can see. I order almost all of my Christmas and birthday presents from Amazon, not to mention a good portion of my books. sigh. I can't decide.

I just wanted to explain how much it is to use "shopping lists" than just wish lists or your shopping cart.

First, there is a pull-down option to organize the lists by price, which helps in grouping orders so you take best advantage of the 4-for-3 deals.

Second, you can delete a large number of items at once.

Third, you don't have to put your cart items away for later if you want to make a smaller purchase.

To make a shopping list go to "manage your list" and look around for shopping lists.

Hope that helps someone.

I just wanted to add that if you keep items on your wish list then they automatically delete once they have been ordered from Amazon. This helps prevent you accidently ordering duplicates but it does not work if you order from a third party.

Also I have had excellent luck ordering from third party sellers on Amazon. Most people who sell there are professionals and rate their books accurately so if I can find a book that is in excellent condition for two or three dollars cheaper after shipping then I order from the third party seller. Those two and three dollars really add up. I just recently order about 50 books and I'd say that I got half on them from third party sellers so that equals $50-$75 dollars which equals more books. :) I have done this for years so we are talking a lot of books and I have only had two or three problems, all of which were quickly and easily resolved.

And yes, I will frequently place several smaller orders.

I just wanted to explain how much it is to use "shopping lists" than just wish lists or your shopping cart.

First, there is a pull-down option to organize the lists by price, which helps in grouping orders so you take best advantage of the 4-for-3 deals.

Second, you can delete a large number of items at once.

Third, you don't have to put your cart items away for later if you want to make a smaller purchase.

To make a shopping list go to "manage your list" and look around for shopping lists.

Hope that helps someone.

Is this how Kidshappen got surprise books? http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105190&highlight=amazon+%27shopping+cart%27

Keeping in mind that I didn't even know about it until this thread.....

It doesn't sound like it automatically orders things from the shopping list -- the description is:

What Is Your Shopping List?

To make it easier to locate and keep track of items you're considering or items you purchase routinely--products such as shampoo, vitamins, tea, or your favorite housewarming gift--we've created Your Shopping List. It's a list very much like the one you would take with you to the store but with added features, such as the ability to sort by category or by items eligible for free Super Saver Shipping. (If you've bought products from Health & Personal Care, Beauty, Grocery, or Gourmet Food in the past, we've started a list for you.)

To buy any or all of the items on your list, select the products you want, choose your quantity, and click the "Add to Cart" button. Next time you want to shop for these items, just open Your Shopping List and re-order. (Note: You will be able to add items that are not currently available to your list, but you will not be able to select them to add to your cart until the products are back in stock.)

I think KidsHappen had things taken from her CART not shopping list.