Menu

Has anyone ever rented a Beach House?

We were looking to travel to a warm climate area, which has a beach, for swimming and playing in the sand. We were wanting to stay on the beach, in a beach house, of course. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lacy

Oh yes, there are 5 of us. 2 parents 2 teens, and 1 7 year old

Gulf Shores, Alabama is gorgeous.... family beaches, white sand, good climate.

You can go to VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner) and find great houses & good rates. They even have pictures of the house, some virtual tours, and reviews.

I have used this website for homes needed for scrapbook retreats & one family weekend & it has always been good.

They even have international places to rent. Oh, i wish I could!!!!

Please make sure the rental is where it is suppossed to be. One year we wanted a beach house. The lady was so nice. Though she told me the place was only 2 miles from the beach, and that should be close enough. I was thinking less than an hour walk, well thank goodness I didn't attempt to walk, as it was actually 15 miles. She was in real estate, so she really knew how to advertise. If I had to do it over again, I would have chose a different beach house.

Yes, we rented one in Bretagne, France overlooking the bay with Mt. St. Michel. It was wonderful. My youngest learned to ride a bike since it was on a flat cul-de-sac. We have also rented houses in Tuscany, southern Germany, and in Maine. We rented condos in Alabama, Mammoth CA, and Utah. Get the actual address and use something like google maps or via michelin and find out exactly where you are. Since I am always very thorough with our planning, we have always gotten great places. I haven't been disappointed once.

Also note that some state parks have cabins for rent that are at the beach- I know both Florida and South Carolina have some but most likely others do too. We have loved our state park vacations in FL, GA, AL, TX, CA, and VA.

I love Duck, NC. We rent a house that is about 100 yards from the beach. I'd love to stay ON the beach, but it's too pricey for us.

It's a little late now, tho, to find a house for rent in that area. The good ones usually go by April, but sometimes you can find one a little further away. Make sure it has an outdoor shower--saves a lot of hassle with the sand.

We've rented a house at myrtle beach. It is so much easier to do this these days. With the internet, you can mapquest or google earth the address to see where houses are in relation to the beach. You can also get people's reviews of the locations and/or the specific house or condo on the internet.

I find the most difficult thing is narrowing down where you want to go and what you want to do.

We were looking to travel to a warm climate area, which has a beach, for swimming and playing in the sand. We were wanting to stay on the beach, in a beach house, of course. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lacy

Oh yes, there are 5 of us. 2 parents 2 teens, and 1 7 year old

My suggestion - hands down: Sea Ranch, Northern CA

Located about 2.5 hours north of San Francisco along Hwy 1.

Offers 2 swimming pools, the One-Eyed-Jack playground and fun beaches, i.e. tidepool beach (right behind the playground), Seal Beach etc.

http://www.searanchrentals.com

If I got the URL wrong, google. They have houses in all sizes and for all budgets.

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina is a great family beach where you can rent condos or houses on the beach. It is a very quiet, relaxed atmosphere. They have some family-centered entertainment options right in town (miniature golf, small arcade, go-cart racing, ice cream shop, several restaurants, coastal museum, etc.). If you want larger entertainment options or more dining options you can drive about 30 miles to Myrtle Beach.

I've been there about 12 times, as a child, a teenager, and an adult. I found it very enjoyable each time.

If you are interested you can look at condos and houses online at Cooke Realty. I always have stayed in condos. They have all different sizes from one bedroom up to four or five bedrooms. I think most of the beach houses are designed for larger groups (several families staying together) but there may be some smaller ones, too. The condos where we usually stay have a swimming pool and a hot tub. It depends on which place you stay which amenities you have access to.

Edited by gandpsmommy

You can go to VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner) and find great houses & good rates. They even have pictures of the house, some virtual tours, and reviews.

We just used VRBO to rent a 3/2 condo south of Clearwater Beach, FL last month. It was just as advertised. We're a family of 5 also plus MIL stayed w/us for 3 nights. Worked great! Look at the beds in the place since many have 2 sets of bunks in a room or doubles, etc. Make sure the beds will work for your family.

Maybe I'm biased, but I think the best beaches are on the Gulf of Mexico -- especially in northwest Florida. Sugar-white sand and warm water.

:iagree:

Our extended family has rented condos in Pensacola Beach, Fla., several times. Out the door and onto the white sandy beach.