Menu

All done!

OnTheBrink

I am finished w/most of my buying. I have all of my curric and books purchased, but I still have a list of supplies needed. I am waiting for the school supplies sales for most of it. Some things like sketch pads probably won't go on sale, but I will pick them up then too.

But yes, it is a good feeling!! Last year I was on a serious budget and was not able to buy as many books that I wanted. I had to utilize the library for reference books that would have been so much easier to have on hand. So it is a good feeling to have my encyclopedias and my own copy of TWTM along w/curric!! :lol:

Yes, done buying here too. I got all of my curriculum purchased last month. Office Max put a grocery bag in the Sunday paper--20% off everything you fit in the bag. So we got printer ink, white board pens that were already on clearance, pencils, and a few odds and ends. I can miss the Target back-to-school sale and be just fine, but I know I'll go and pick up scotch tape, glue, and a few other things at the end of July.

Now I'll be spending my month off reading through some new curriculum, making copies, making a new planner, etc. We'll start up about half of our subjects July 13.

I finished in April and have been pre-reading a lot of my rising 10th graders books. It is going to take me all summer to be ready for school b/c I am tackling some topics that I have never taught before (an indepth study of Marxism and Communism for one.)

I'm glad I've purchased everything but I am completely lacking in excitement! I just hope I can get my act together enough that I am ready for fall.

I wish:glare:. I am having a really hard time deciding exactly what we are using next year. Math and LA is pretty much decided...now I just need to make a final decision on history/science. Every time I think I have made a decision...I start questioning it and end right back up at square one.

Ugh. I wish I was done. I have most of the things I need BUT at the same time I'm looking at somethings and wondering if they are going to work for us now.

I was done 2 months ago-everything was purchased. I just changed one subject curriculum choice (after reading a thread) and the new one should be here in about 3 days.

I will then be done, if I will just stay off the boards ;).

This is me! I thought I was pretty much done some time ago, but I keep coming back here and seeing things I think might work better...:001_huh: I've changed a couple of things, and am trying to figure out whether to keep Hake, or switch to Analytical Grammar. Oh dear.

I need to do like ncmomo3 and stop reading these boards! :D (but I CAN'T!)

I'm nearly done! I need to order CW Primers and Poetry for Beginners and First Form Latin. Later, I plan on ordering a butterfly kit and some seeds and misc. science items for Botany. Then, I will be completely done. I have already started planning. I started too late last year and was off schedule all year because of it. I'm also reading many of older dd's books ahead of her.

It feels good to be organized this year!:001_smile:

I have just received Perinne's Literature and it looks like it will be a great resource! Thanks, MelissaB.

Edited by Kfamily

I'm sooooo close! I'm just waiting for one of my science units to arrive so that I can send in my science supplies order (I like to have everything on hand before the year starts so that I don't have to worry about purchasing during the year)! I can't wait to be done! I just love the planning stage. I've started working on my schedule and laying out some of the curriculum, but will do the bulk of my planning in late July when the kids are at church staff day camp.