Menu

Help!! We need day planners!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you ladies who own these wonderful planners...will you use this in combination with a software program like Homeschool Tracker for example? I'm thinking along the lines of being out or not being able to get to the computer for whatever reason. Does this planner have sections for personal planning like finances, exercise, appointments?

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13

I have tried computer based planners, but I do not like planning at the computer, and if I am sitting on my bed or couch writing out lesson plans for the week, I don't want to spend the time to transfer it all over to the computer too. I like my planner/s and a pencil or pen when I sit down to work.

And yes, there are sections for bills and daily schedules for appts. and exercise.

HTH

I received mine yesterday, too! It is a gorgeous, well-thought out planner. Not very much that I would have done differently if I had designed one myself, which I've often wanted to do, but never have the time. Now I don't feel like I need to!

I'm like Jennifer, in that I wished it had a built in zippy pocket for stamps, receipts, paperclips etc. And a pocket on the back cover would be great, too. I think I'll email them with my ideas, perhaps they could add a few things for next years planner!

My favorite part is that it's sooooo pretty! I've tried making my own with forms from Donna Young and such, but I'm a sucker for girly planners and this one is beautiful.

Way to go Well-Planned Day! Hope your printing issues will be resolved for next years planner!

I ordered mine on the 23rd, and it shows a mailing date of 7/27/09 for those interested (went from Nashville to Oklahoma).

This bugs me. I ordered mine June 3rd and haven't received it.

I've sent an email and a phone call but I don't understand why I need to follow up when I placed the order so early!

I've sent an email and a phone call but I don't understand why I need to follow up when I placed the order so early!

Sophia...I bet you get yours today. Otherwise, I am sure Rebecca will send you a confirmation # so you will know when to expect it.

Blessings,

Angela

LOL! Where do you see the personal finances Katie? I can't find them?

Dorinda

ETA: Found them! There is a space at the beginning of each month to list monthly expenses. This just gets better and better! Thanks Katie!

No problem! I didn't see it until my 2nd or 3rd time or looking through it.:001_smile: It's not a huge space, but you can at least list the major bills (I hope).

I'm liking the idea of this more and more. Tell me is there a way to add pages to this planner or a pouch for coupons, receipts, etc? If not are there plenty of pockets? Does it have a place to hold a calculator, pen, cell phone, credit cards, etc? Basically can I make this planner the organizational hub to my life?

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13

It is spiral bound, so I don't think you could add pages to it, and there are no pockets or pouches. I guess if you really wanted to, you might beable to unbind the planner, and put it into a binder and add the extra things that you want.?.

Surely it will come today.:confused: I know it has to be hard waiting when everyone is raving about them.

I can't believe that I already got mine! I ordered it on July 26th and it arrived today. I think that once they worked through the printing glitches, the shipping went smooth. I just wanted to let future purchasers know that it looks like they have worked things out. I am off to delve into mine, it looks great!!! :D

Sophia,

Did it come yet?

I got mine today. Nice book, good paper, lovely colors.

Not a good idea if you are planning for more than 4 kids, there is only enough space for 4 children as well as 4 glossy card stock report cards and 4 attendance records, class plan/goals and progress reports. There are 2 transcript evaluations (for 2 students).

Semesters are automatically broken down from July 1-December 31

Each month has a weekly catechism with Scripture references and daily Bible reading.

Sweet...I like it a lot. I f course will be immediately dismantling it and 3 hole punching it for my working binder.

Aargh!

No, it did not come in today's mail.

eta I was at the homeschool expo in Atlanta today and Rebecca gave me a planner since mine never came in the mail.

I thought that was really sweet and appreciate her doing that!

Edited by Sophia

Can you give me some examples? I really like the idea of this planner just need to be able to justify to myself and family why I'm spending another $25 when I already bought HST Plus, lol!!!!

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13

I would go look at the samples. It reminds me of MOTH in the layout. It has the week laid out in times with enough room to list students and assignments. it has a place to write out each subject and the books you're using. I think better and reason better when I have to write things out. It is especially helpful when the grids and layout are all there for me in a logical order. Each year I've had to design the grids and then feel them in. It is one of the reasons scheduling can be a burden. I love the Maxwells and their MOTH, but it only helps with the daily schedule. Not the monthly calendar, appointments, unexpected bills phone numbers etc. This is just what I was looking for.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Just thought of something...can I attach this planner in a 3 ring binder and then add all of the other stuff I want?

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13

Hmmm, not without some doing. If you're willing to take it to Kinkos and have it un-bound and 3 hole punched, then you could put it in a binder.

Blessings!

Dorinda

that's NOT girly? I like clean & simple and wasn't crazy about the background "family pictures". But, I like everything else.

NARS sells a clean & simple planner. It has the 7 days of the week down the left side and 9 subjects (you fill in the subjects, they're not pre-printed) across the top of each 2-page spread. Each "cell" of the grid is lined and has a tiny box in the lower right corner for tracking hours. At the bottom of each column is a place to total the hours for that subject that week, as well as a box for the hours-to-date from the previous week, and the new total hours. It covers 53 weeks. The covers are vinyl-coated and come in 5 colors; they're currently out of blue, but they have black (not shown on the website) as well as the red, pink, orange, and purple. Spiral bound. They are $15 plus shipping.

Here's a link to their online store:

http://www.narhs.org/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1&category_id=1

They don't show the inside of the planner on the store page, but you can see examples on pages 61-62 of the handbook here:

http://www.narhs.org/handbookdownload/handbook_complete.pdf

Jackie

thanks for the suggestions. I think I didn't type clearly, though....I do like all of the planning pages (shopping lists, etc.) in the planner - just not the style of it. So, I was wondering if there was something that was as encompassing but used clean lines.