Menu

My "red neck" resistance training program is working

Too bad I don't have a picture but try to imagine this:

1 plus size almost 40 mom

1 black sled filled with hay

1 baler twine harness for the hay (long loop that goes around your waist)

1 large wheelbarrow

1 pitchfork

3 horses to eat the hay and creat the manure

In the mornings while the horses are in the barn eating their grain I use my "red neck" resistance trainer.

I load the sled with hay and put the baler twine "harness" around my waist. Then I push the wheelbarrow with pitchfork along a 1/5 mile track that our horses live on while pulling the sled behind me. I scoop the poop as I go and drop the hay into 9 piles along the way.

I figure that I am getting in my pushing, pulling and walking all in one go. Honestly though, in the past 4 weeks I have lost 7 pounds doing this. I am down 68 pounds from before we got our horses 2 1/2 years ago.

If that isn't enough, you can always move 100 bales of hay.

If I lived closer, this almost 50 yo mom would come and help you. Provided, of course, I had my own sleigh and wheelbarrow. This sounds like FUN!!!:D

Seriously, I hate exercise (the word isn't even in my vocabulary), but this I could do. Unfortunately I gave up my horses many moons ago.:sad:

You could come visit!!! We have a nice camping trailer you could stay in, Lake Michigan to visit just a few miles away, lots of chores that could be done, etc.

The horses have been great for weight loss.

I am new to horses. I bought my first one 2 1/2 years ago, had him for a little over a year and sold him as he bucked me off a few times. Now I have a quiet (but crabby) trail horse. My girls each have their own horses as well.

13dd has a 16hh 31 year old gelding and 12dd just got a 20+ year old 13hh POA mare.