Menu

YOU are needed if you live in one of these states OR anywhere outside the US! :-)

Our church teens are playing Amazing Race and have been challenged to get original photos of license plates from all 50 states or even other countries. My girls are off to a great start (a Charleston area mall parking lot on Mother's Day was a jackpot to include one from Hawaii!). They had such great success we decided to see if any of my homeschool cyberfriends would like to play along and help them out by taking a picture of your vehicle license plate and emailing it to me to help them complete their list. (you could tape over your letters/numbers if, for some reason, you're uneasy sending that info). We'll be very careful to give the international homeschooling community credit! :D

If this is something you would enjoy doing and live in one of the following states OR, even another country, let me know and I'll give you my email address! Many TIA!!

Alaska

Arkansas

Delaware

Idaho

Iowa

Kansas

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oregon

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Utah

Vermont

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Other country?! :)

Our church teens are playing Amazing Race and have been challenged to get original photos of license plates from all 50 states or even other countries. My girls are off to a great start (a Charleston area mall parking lot on Mother's Day was a jackpot to include one from Hawaii!). They had such great success we decided to see if any of my homeschool cyberfriends would like to play along and help them out by taking a picture of your vehicle license plate and emailing it to me to help them complete their list. (you could tape over your letters/numbers if, for some reason, you're uneasy sending that info). We'll be very careful to give the international homeschooling community credit! :D

If this is something you would enjoy doing and live in one of the following states OR, even another country, let me know and I'll give you my email address! Many TIA!!

Alaska

Arkansas

Delaware

Idaho

Iowa

Kansas

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oregon

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Utah

Vermont

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Other country?! :)

Bump, anyone? :001_smile:

Are they playing this for a few days? Reason I ask is because I could snap you a Prince Edward Island plate - headed there for ten days tonight. I'm not taking my laptop, but have friends with 'puters, so I'll be nosing in here. I'll check the thread and see if it's still going. :)

New Hampshire :)

I hope it doesn't have to be current. I have one from farm equipment from 1984. It was here when we moved in, hanging in the barn, so I don't feel funny about it having our info connected to it.

I've managed to get it into a WTM photo album entitled License Plates for Amazing Race, but I can't seem to insert it into this post.

I don't know if other people can insert photos into that photo album, but that would certainly make it easy for you to keep them all together.

Edited by Amy in NH

We've been collecting license plates for a while so I could send you a bunch.

So far, we have:

Alaska

British Columbia

California

Colorado

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Iowa

Michigan

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oregon

South Dakota

Washington

Are you sure that photos taken by other people are admissible for the race?

Are they playing this for a few days? Reason I ask is because I could snap you a Prince Edward Island plate - headed there for ten days tonight. I'm not taking my laptop, but have friends with 'puters, so I'll be nosing in here. I'll check the thread and see if it's still going. :)

YES! This will be ongoing for a few weeks. DEFINITELY snap a Prince Edward Island plate! :D (And, btw, I'm JEALOUS!) Many thanks!

I hope it doesn't have to be current. I have one from farm equipment from 1984. It was here when we moved in, hanging in the barn, so I don't feel funny about it having our info connected to it.

I've managed to get it into a WTM photo album entitled License Plates for Amazing Race, but I can't seem to insert it into this post.

I don't know if other people can insert photos into that photo album, but that would certainly make it easy for you to keep them all together.

AWESOME!!!! You are so good to me. :D This is beautiful (the plate and the album!)

We've been collecting license plates for a while so I could send you a bunch.

So far, we have:

Alaska

British Columbia

California

Colorado

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Iowa

Michigan

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oregon

South Dakota

Washington

Are you sure that photos taken by other people are admissible for the race?

YES! The only stipulation given was that they could not be downloaded from the internet. They had to be an actual photo taken of an actual plate. I figure these homeschooled kids will have an edge because there just aren't that many international communities of people in position to assist like this! :D

You are a dear to share what you've acquired over time. We managed to get 29 on Mother's Day just in our mall parking lot. Of the 21 remaining that we need, you have what looks like 10 or more! Does it help you at all to have the album set up for this thread? I'll send you my email just in case.....

Edited by Sharon in SC

If this is something you would enjoy doing and live in one of the following states OR, even another country, let me know and I'll give you my email address! (OR, YOU CAN TRY DOWNLOADING INTO THE ALBUM SET UP FOR THIS THREAD AND LINKED IN THE UPDATE LIST) Many TIA!!

NEED:

Alaska

Arkansas

Delaware

Idaho

Iowa

Kansas

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oregon

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Utah

Vermont

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Other country?!

REQUESTED AND HAS BEEN ADDED TO ATTACHED ALBUM OR EMAILED TO SHARON BY ANOTHER WTM BOARD MEMBER (Thank you!):

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/album.php?albumid=287 (LINK FOR LICENSE PLATE ALBUM)

New Hampshire

Argentina

Kyrgyzstan

China

Edited by Sharon in SC

You are kind but, unfortunately, we need actual photos of actual plates. ;-}

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Sorry! I'll let fivetails get you that one then, since we're both in the same province, no need to have 2 ;)

Good luck!

NEED:

Alaska

Arkansas

Delaware

Idaho

Iowa

Kansas

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oregon

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Utah

Vermont

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Other country?!

REQUESTED AND HAS BEEN ADDED TO ATTACHED ALBUM OR EMAILED TO SHARON BY ANOTHER WTM BOARD MEMBER (Thank you!):

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/album.php?albumid=287 (LINK FOR LICENSE PLATE ALBUM)

New Hampshire

I can probably get you Vermont and Massachusetts tomorrow.

Do you still need Oregon ??

I *think* joannqn has Oregon in her set that she's emailing me. I'll let you know, though, if not. Also, I'll update the list (still need, already have) as I actually receive the photos so everyone can see the what's left to be secured. :001_smile:

thanks for your willingness to help!

I cannot tell you how much my heart has been warmed by the help you all are giving is in this endeavor. My eyes literally welled with tears as I began to copy/paste pics for my girls' file. You all live busy lives just like me and to think that you are willing to sacrifice your time in the name of offering help to us leaves me feeling so very thankful but, more than that, in awe of the terrific community that we enjoy here at the WTM boards. I have been on the boards for about 6 or 7 years now and times like this, experienced through this group of people, never cease to amaze me.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!!

NEED:

Arkansas

Delaware

Kansas

Massachusetts (someone has already indicated they can get this one to me)

Rhode Island

Utah

Vermont

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Other country?!

ALREADY RECEIVED(Thank you!):

Alaska

Idaho

Iowa

Minnesota

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Mexico

North Dakota

Montana

Oregon

South Dakota

Argentina

Kyrgyzstan

China

Victoria, Australia

British Columbia

UAE - Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi

Cairo, Egypt

India (blurred, mentioned just in case someone has a clear photo)

Oman

New Zealand

Iceland

Edited by Sharon in SC

Sharon I actually found a photo on my hard drive of a New Zealand plate from our last holiday. It's slightly cropped at the bottom of the plate and the plates don't have any distinguishing notes or slogans. Happy to email it to you though if you want it.

Sharon I actually found a photo on my hard drive of a New Zealand plate from our last holiday. It's slightly cropped at the bottom of the plate and the plates don't have any distinguishing notes or slogans. Happy to email it to you though if you want it.

Sure. Just tag it as New Zealand and we'll see what we can do with it. Thanks!

Send me your email and I'll go through our files to see if we have any plates from China and VN. When do you need these by? I MIGHT have one from a couple of other Asian countries, not certain though.

Cin

cin131 at cinci dot rr dot com

Send me your email and I'll go through our files to see if we have any plates from China and VN. When do you need these by? I MIGHT have one from a couple of other Asian countries, not certain though.

Cin

cin131 at cinci dot rr dot com

Awesome! "You have mail". The contest will run for a few more weeks. Thanks!!

You guys are AMAZING! The girls and I started with 29 photos of our own. You guys looked at our needs list (below, need/already received from another board member) and immediately began to chip away at it more beautifully than I could have imagined. At this rate, we'll have more non-US plates than US plates! Keep 'em coming! :D

NEED:

Delaware

Kansas

Massachusetts (someone has already indicated they can get this one to me)

Rhode Island

Utah

Vermont

Wyoming

Other country?!

ALREADY RECEIVED(Thank you!):

Alaska

Idaho

Iowa

Minnesota

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Mexico

North Dakota

Montana

Oregon

South Dakota

Wisconsin

Argentina

Kyrgyzstan

China

Victoria, Australia

British Columbia

UAE - Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi

Cairo, Egypt

India (blurred, mentioned just in case someone has a clear photo)

Oman

New Zealand

Iceland

Sweden

Ontario

US Government

Edited by Sharon in SC