Menu

Who all attend Tax Day Tea Parties today?

Sounds like a classy crowd :001_huh:

Bill,

You obviously disagree, and that's fine. So far, this has been a really pleasant thread and I am asking you to not ruin it. Put us all on ignore if you need to but, enough already.

C'mon.

Bill, you are so naughty. We're not going to ruin a perfectly healthy conversation by corrupting it w/ a political debate.

I'll just end this here. Reaganomics worked. Lower taxes are the answer today. The people have spoken loudly today. The battle is just beginning.

De-regulation (that is to say the abdication of the Governments role in safe-guarding the transparency and honesty of the financial sectors) FAILED in a huge way. Reaganism failed.

So I'm staying home and celebrating Barack Obama Day :D

Bill :patriot:

We couldn't make it to a tea party today :(

So instead we had our own Ronald Reagan Day :). We watched a video about him. We read. We talked. Good times.

Yes, a tribute to The Gipper made me feel a little bit better. And hopeful.

We didn't go either. :( Our music lessons and soccer eat up our Wednesdays. But I like your way of spending the day. He was THE BEST!!!!!!! They just don't make good presidents like him anymore...someday maybe!!

I'm so excited, though, that people are taking a stand! I just hope it will be enough to help our children's financial future.

Teresa

De-regulation (that is to say the abdication of the Governments role in safe-guarding the transparency and honesty of the financial sectors) FAILED in a huge way. Reaganism failed.

You know I love you and your chickens, Bill, but I guess I wouldn't call the 25 years of economic growth and peace during and following Reagan's term "failure" but to each his own.

I went to our St. Paul tea party at the Capitol. There were 4-5,000 there when I left (near the beginning as we had baseball practice). It was peaceful, respectful. The kids had a great time reading all the signs. My favorite sign was "Obama went to the White House and all I got was a middle class tax cut big enough to pay for this lousy sign"....but maybe that's because I was holding it.:lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/ap_on_re_us/tax_day_protests

This article is from Yahoo news this morning. Tens of thousands across the country. No violence has been reported that I know of. And regardless of what the article says, I can personally tell you that it's not all a right-wing thing. Not even all Rebublican. Libertarians are heavily involved as are a few other small third parties. Campaign for Liberty is a driving force in the movement as well.

Also note the small piece about TX govn. This is what is being referred to in the TX thread.

Hey, I think there's $50 billion of the spending bill set aside to fund that activity. I think it was somewhere following that lovely and oh-so-needed train they'll build between Vegas to LA. :lol:

Teresa

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/ap_on_re_us/tax_day_protests

This article is from Yahoo news this morning. Tens of thousands across the country. No violence has been reported that I know of. And regardless of what the article says, I can personally tell you that it's not all a right-wing thing. Not even all Rebublican. Libertarians are heavily involved as are a few other small third parties. Campaign for Liberty is a driving force in the movement as well.

Also note the small piece about TX govn. This is what is being referred to in the TX thread.

There were a whole group of Ron Paul supporters right behind us. They were the nicest guys, and boy did they know their history!:001_smile:

Our family went! I was amazed at the turnout. I think the papers said we had over 2000 attending here!

It was a great time with great people. We loved reading all the signs and getting to know others around us!

And yes, we had a lot of Ron Paul supporters too ... including us!

Hilary, thanks for translating for me to LG.:D That is exactly what the sign meant. LG's confusion reminded me of that thread a while back about culture, accents, etc. I thought the sign made perfect sense--it never occurred to me that others wouldn't understand it. Boy, if that one threw you, I've got plenty more that would really be cryptic. My Granny was an absolute fount of creative "rural" sayings:lol:.

I wonder how much regional variety there was among the signs across the country? And, sadly, how much cookie cutter rhetoric there was...? I LOVE regional and cultural differences! And I love seeing individual thought, not the ones that have obviously been mass produced and handed out to people who look to others to tell them what to think and when to express it.

I am very glad we attended, as 10yo dd had somehow gotten a very distorted view of what was going to happen. She wanted to know what we would be shouting so she could practice (sorry, sweetie, no chants) and actually was planning to take a change of clothing so that when we were running away from the police, she could duck into an alley and change so that they would not be able to find her (again, sorry, dear. No police, no running, no need to change). Where do kids get these ideas:confused:

I am very glad we attended, as 10yo dd had somehow gotten a very distorted view of what was going to happen. She wanted to know what we would be shouting so she could practice (sorry, sweetie, no chants) and actually was planning to take a change of clothing so that when we were running away from the police, she could duck into an alley and change so that they would not be able to find her (again, sorry, dear. No police, no running, no need to change). Where do kids get these ideas:confused:

LOL! Um...the news? :)

you missed it --that was April 1st ;)

I'm fine w/ our gvt enforcing laws. The problem is they ignore the laws on the books then decide to amputate a leg cuz they were negligent in applying a little antibiotic to a toe in the first place.

If you think this is all about Reaganism you aren't paying very close attention.