Menu

iPhone SE....worth getting or will it be obsolete soon?

Ottakee

I need a new phone. I have been very happy with my Motorola Droid but they don't play well with MIL new van with the Android Auto.

I am thinking of switching to an apple see just because of size (smaller is better for me) and because the apples connect directly to the Odyssey system. I just don't want it to be obsolete too soon.

Any other suggestions. I want smaller, best battery life, and connects to the system in her 2018 Odyssey.

Oh yuck, isn't the SE the one with the smaller screen? I think it's what my dd has. Don't do it. Oh you want smaller? But it's too small, honest. Most people like the normal iphone size, and I'm a bigger is better Plus size kinda person. I super super super love my Plus iphone. I was constantly LOSING that stupid small iphone, and now with the plus I can see everything (age 41 eyes, right?) and don't lose it.

I don't know about longevity, but the size is perfect for me.  I still have my iPhone 5s and despite what everyone else says, I REALLY love the small size and hate it when I have to use ds's or dh's phones.  I plan to hold onto the 5s as long as I can and then switch to the SE.

• Like 1

Oh yuck, isn't the SE the one with the smaller screen? I think it's what my dd has. Don't do it. Oh you want smaller? But it's too small, honest. Most people like the normal iphone size, and I'm a bigger is better Plus size kinda person. I super super super love my Plus iphone. I was constantly LOSING that stupid small iphone, and now with the plus I can see everything (age 41 eyes, right?) and don't lose it.

I have a 6s. I prefer the size of the SE. It fits in my pocket better! BUT -- I would not buy one new now. Its close to being obsoleted I fear.

• Like 2

I love my SE but I would not recommend it at this point. You don’t want to be more than 1 model behind because Apple will stop supporting it upon the next release (probably this fall). My daughter got a 5S the same time as I got my SE (Christmas ‘16) and her phone is not eligible for the discounted battery replacement Apple is offering while mine is.

I would get the smaller 7 if you want an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ds chose the SE. It was last year, I think. I had a 6 and I believe the 7 had been released. Ds said the SE has a more powerful chip than the 6 and a better camera. He cares about what is inside the phone, because he uses it for some high speed stuff, also as a tether for his iPad.

He got the 32 MB because he stores his work in iCloud and does not have many apps.

We both like small size phones. I put my phone in a pocket and don't want a.monster.

The low price for an Apple SE is a huge plus imo.

Btw, dd's iPhone 5s still works just fine.

We just ‘updated’ from a 4s and 5s to the SE - it has been great so far. Brand new for $150, we are very happy. I don’t think they are going to be obsolete very soon personally.

Where did you find them for $150? I am seeing closer to $400

Where did you find them for $150? I am seeing closer to $400

Consumer Cellular was selling the 5S for $150 in 2016 so I would not be surprised if they have the SE for that price now. It is a way to get people to sign up for their service or add a line to an existing plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk