Menu

Need recommendations for games

Home'scool

My sister and I will be taking a vacation at the end of November.

We plan on doing nothing but relaxing, knitting, and napping! It will be a well-deserved do-nothing vacation.

I would love to bring along a game to play -- we play Rummy all the time so we are looking for something different.

Any suggestions? Dominoes? Any fun card games? 

It does need to be portable as we are flying.

Thanks in advance!

Carcassone is a favorite. It's a bit bigger than a card game but you'll love it. Plays great with 2 people. Easy to learn. Great intro game to "euro games". My DH and I played it everyday over lunch for six months.

Quiddler is a easy to learn card game where you make words. 

These are all good two player games.

I'll second Bananagrams (this is a word game with tiles which come in a zipped banana container).

A good card game for two to four players is Love Letter.  [Love Letter is also available in several different versions; it's the same game but with different art/verbiage:  Love Letter The Hobbit   Munchkin Loot Letter   Love Letter Adventure Time ]

The Game Card Game  looks dark, but it's not.

And if you want a thinking gameQuarto (Travel Version).  This is made of wood; it's a smaller version of the full size game.

Regards,

Kareni

Hive (There is a pocket version but I think the regular version could be easily portable in a bag, etc.)

I've heard great things about this game:  Patchwork

Hanabi

Jaipur

Dice City  This is the next one I'm getting for me and dh or my game-loving son.  There is another game called Flip City that has me curious, too.  Both of these games can supposedly be played by ONE person so I like that!