Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with Me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good Morning!  

Hope everyone's day is off to a lovely start! :D   

We are officially on Christmas Break until January 20th...it's a long one this year due to moving.  We should be all settled and ready to work by then.  Ds has  two online classes that start back earlier, but it shouldn't be a problem getting those done.  Dd should have her bus route and will be able to take dgd with her.  

Dh just called and wants to meet at my favorite restaurant for lunch...also get the car inspected and a fog light on mine replaced. Yeah...chores and lunch!  :party:

Agenda for today:

• hit WM for some items we need this week
  • pick  up Ella Bella at boarders this morning
  • tidy bedroom 
  • finish laundry and iron up everything from this weekend--the kids did this for me.  That's a present in itself.  :wub: 
  • 2 day pack out of basement--moved to tomorrow. 

Have a great day everyone!!

My 16 year old dd is doing indoor track for the first time this year.  She has a track meet today!  What?  So instead of sleeping in, we were up at 6 getting her some scrambled eggs and out the door!  If I'm up early, I may as well be getting stuff done:

To do:

breakfast x2

tidy up

garbage out

make shopping list

vacuum

dust

bathrooms

laundry wash

laundry fold

laundry put away

post up missionary blog for dd so excited to talk to her on Christmas!!

sort Christmas gifts

9am to track meet

groceries

buy stocking stuffers

help kids make gifts

sew a little something

healthy habits

go on a run (nope - it started raining, so that's a no)

track water x x x x x

track food x x x

save treat until evening

It's almost Christmas!!

Pre-dinner update :)

--try to get rid of this scratchy throat before I head out in the cold for a walk

--exercise

--smidge of schoolwork w dd (chem, last bit of math for the semester, create sentences for her to write in Arabic)

--house things

--finish the eggnog liqueur (a preliminary step had to chill yesterday)

--laundry?

--double-check all gifts and stocking stuffers for the kids (just need some candy for ds and dd14 and something salty for dd19, I think/hope)

--chat w dsis about Christmas food

Also:

--the girls made Russian teacakes

--I watched While You Were Sleeping, my favorite Christmas movie, while on the elliptical :)

--I sorted and repackaged all of our wrapping supplies :eek:

Good morning, dd1 is now officially on break until January 5th...

- dishes- done

- laundry- not enough yet

- tidy house- round 1 done and 2

- crochet- I can't find my I hook to complete dmil afghan.... Grrrr.... I found it, in the couch that eats stuff (it was crammed under the back)

- dinner- done

- bedtime routine

- anything else I manage to get done- vacuumed and scrubbed carpet, printed a 2015 calendar and have started to write stuff in

We had one family Christmas at our house this weekend so the house is fairly-ish clean/organized.

The bookshelves are stained, varnished, and back together!!!  So they need organized.

To Do List:

AM

Coffee
Get dressed

Breakfast

Kids are doing some minor schoolwork

Late AM

Kohl's - Exchange some sizes from some gifts from Grandma - pick up the final stocking stuffers

Pick up birthday wrapping paper for tomorrow!  We have TWO birthdays!!!  Hooray!!!!! :)

Target - Return a game - I overbought because I thought it was on sale.  I should have looked at my receipt. ;)

Lunch

Naptime:

Sew like a crazy woman - I have a Felicity dress to make before Wednesday night.

Late afternoon:

Meet DH to pick out DS #1 big gift at Gander Mountain.

Supper:

Need to plan something!!!

We had a weekend filled with Christmas ornament making (I made a tardis,) birthday celebration, and fun with family!  Now till Wedsnesday morning I will be doing a major straightening up of the house, not that it needs too much work, in preparation for a lot of new things entering the house that we don't have room for!  

-get school done

-laundry washed, folded, away

-help kids clean their room

-organize kids close and toy bin

-clean computer room

-organize computer room closet

-make sure all gifts are wrapped and ready to go to their many locations

-get dinner in the crockpot by 2

make cookie dough

shower and dress

make a plan for dinner - we already ate all the leftovers I thought we were going to have! maybe a soup night.

go to memorial service at church

super quick grocery run

bake cookies with kids. this might get moved to tomorrow.

wrap some gifts and put them under the tree

I love being on vacation! Time to read!

dh is heading to work in half an hour,  I declared we're officially on Christmas break, and I have a lot of motivation to get things done right now. Sooo, I'm putting a Christmas movie on for the kids and knocking some things off my list. Once my nephew leaves I'll enlist the help of my children but until then they can watch a movie and run wild downstairs playing with all ds's bday gifts.

Good morning! I am at the pool waiting to pick up. We moved to the holiday schedule, so less time at home between practices. I have a bunch to do, so here it goes.

To do:

Motivated moms list

Check Christmas list (need some little things still)

Plan food for Christmas Day

Laundry

Errands during practice

PM practice/two pools.

Oversee the teens and the late work

Have a great day!

Feeling kinda cruddy :( I'm definitely not walking outside in 38 degree weather! I will do a bit on the elliptical, as long as I can breathe properly. We just learned that we'll have a free gym membership through dh's work benefits beginning January 1 :party: Dh has taken that as a sign to take the next week or so easy in the exercise department ;)

Dd19 is going to make some Russian teacakes for us to share with family Wednesday and Thursday :) We just have to hide them from dh as he has never met a cookie he hasn't eaten :lol:

Whew. Survived the weekend. Dh aND I both caught the virus dd1 had early last week. Really tired. Made it to Christmas with my family Saturday (they had been warned we had been sick). Dd2 woke up at 2am Sunday puking. She is better this morning.

Got the dishes done

coffee made for tomorrow

going to menu plan the week

brave the stores after dh gets home (groceries and last minute items)

shower

laundry

start to feel "normal" again

I got my list pretty much complete. Shopping was nutso. But I managed. At least I didn't feel like I might pass out while shopping like on Friday.

Dd2 perked up a bit today. She ate supper but then said her tummy hurt. She is tucked in now, buy I am praying she will sleep the night and not get sick again. Me sleeping on the living room floor, even with an air mattress, is restless.