Menu

Mergath! You and OneNote Totally Rock!

swimmermom3

Mergath, you know how you suggested in this thread that I try OneNote to create a home journal where I can keep track of all the pictures, budgets, and materials for our home improvement projects?

:party: It's amazing!  I'd bring you wine and chocolate if you lived close by.

I have been sitting on that program for years and didn't have a clue of how to use it. I even deleted the OneNote printer icon off my hardware list because I didn't have an actual printer by that name. :tongue_smilie:

It is so easy to use and uber flexible.  I am getting so organized I almost feel like donning tights and a cape, but don't want to frighten the cats.

I have even thought of starting a social group for all the ways one can use OneNote, but that may be taking it a bit far.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I would join a One Note social group if you start one! I really want to figure it out; I tried Evernote, but I don't like the tag-style filing system. OneNote seems ideal, and now that its available for Mac, I would love to figure it out. Maybe there's a big OneNote thread floating around, like the mega thread on bullet journals?

I have been sitting on that program for years and didn't have a clue of how to use it. I even deleted the OneNote printer icon off my hardware list because I didn't have an actual printer by that name. :tongue_smilie:

I'm trying to figure out how to import a single page from a multi-page pdf. I was all excited to see this because I thought it answered a question I asked Saddlemomma today about her previous instructions :

1. Open the PDF you want to print to Onenote.
  2. Go to the page you want to print
  3. Hit the print button
  4. When the print options window appears, choose "Print Current Page"
  5. Then print
  6. You will only get that page in Onenote

When you mentioned deleting the printer icon on your hardware list, I thought I figured it out. But, alas, I have no one note icon on my printer hardware. So now, I am even more confused.   Any advice. (And, I'm really glad you are finally liking it. I sooo want to figure out how to use it!)

I'm trying to figure out how to import a single page from a multi-page pdf. I was all excited to see this because I thought it answered a question I asked Saddlemomma today about her previous instructions :

1. Open the PDF you want to print to Onenote.
  2. Go to the page you want to print
  3. Hit the print button
  4. When the print options window appears, choose "Print Current Page"
  5. Then print
  6. You will only get that page in Onenote

When you mentioned deleting the printer icon on your hardware list, I thought I figured it out. But, alas, I have no one note icon on my printer hardware. So now, I am even more confused.   Any advice. (And, I'm really glad you are finally liking it. I sooo want to figure out how to use it!)

So if you go into your control panel, go to hardware and sound, and then view Devices and Printers, you should be able to your computer, your router, and any printers you use as well anyone else on your network.

For the longest time there was an printer icon next to my regular printer that says "Send to Microsoft OneNote Printer," - until I removed it because I was having problems with my regular printer and was reinstalling.

When I figured out that I could actually use that silly icon, I went in search of a fix.  Apparently I am not the only person to take that off, because I found directions for the restore that looked they were from an IT guy for a company.  I followed the directions, and it's almost right except it now says "Send to Microsoft OneNote DRIVER."  Hmmm. I let you know if I get a total fix.

You should that printer somewhere - unless of course you removed it.

So far, I love the fact that I am pitching a bunch of misc. sticky notes because that information now has a home.

So if you go into your control panel, go to hardware and sound, and then view Devices and Printers, you should be able to your computer, your router, and any printers you use as well anyone else on your network.

Well, darn. No icon. I looked there and there is just a list of my printers. I think I'll try deleting and reloading the app to see if that works.

At least I know I was on the right track. 

Curiosity piqued! I got a book for D's to work through this year that has lessons for all Microsoft 2007 office suite components (that's the one I have; other Microsoft versions are also available). One Note is in there, and after reading this thread, I believe I need to check it out myself!

I have been trying to figure out how to link a single page from a pdf(big ebooks).  I guess that can not be done?  Because of a lack of an internal bookmark?  Any ideas? 

select print and choose the page or page range that you would like to insert into your onenote section. (You will need to have it open to the section and page). Then select onenote as your printer and click print.

I love onenote! I use it for my co-op class' lesson plans. I can give the students links to videos and article that I want them to read. And the high school students and parents always say I'm so organized. (HA! if only they knew the truth...)

I would love a group for onenote!

I'd join a OneNote social group too! I discovered this a month or so ago and can't believe I ever didn't use it. It is so handy! I mostly use it for school planning, but I love it for keeping track of grocery lists (I created a template with the things I buy and use the mobile OneNote app on my tablet), recipes, PDFs, etc. I really love the "print to OneNote" feature for PDFs.

select print and choose the page or page range that you would like to insert into your onenote section. (You will need to have it open to the section and page). Then select onenote as your printer and click print.

I love onenote! I use it for my co-op class' lesson plans. I can give the students links to videos and article that I want them to read. And the high school students and parents always say I'm so organized. (HA! if only they knew the truth...)

I would love a group for onenote!

Thanks!  I actually have it figured out if I want the pages to show up there. I would just like to link a reading section(maybe  5-8 pages) from an ebook.  I just don't think it can be done?