Menu

Creating a digital home journal

swimmermom3

Dh and I have started back on home improvement projects after along lull. The first one up is redoing my older son's bedroom. He moved out in June and his younger brother is moving downstairs to take over the room.

I would like to journal our progress with photos and notes. I want to be able to keep track of paint colors, carpet choices, and the names of the new doors and door knobs, along with the costs. I would also like to be able to incorporate future design ideas and links to Youtube how-to videos.

How do I start? I haven't a clue. Has anyone done something like this or do you all just put it on your blogs?  I would really appreciate some help on getting this started.

Have you checked out OneNote?

This looks perfect. How steep is the learning curve?  I used to do ad layouts and I can never make Microsoft Word behave as I would like it to. I want something that is really flexible and this looks like it could work. Of course, school starts net week and I should be reading and planning, not playing with a computer program.

This looks perfect. How steep is the learning curve?  I used to do ad layouts and I can never make Microsoft Word behave as I would like it to. I want something that is really flexible and this looks like it could work. Of course, school starts net week and I should be reading and planning, not playing with a computer program.

It seems quite easy to use, at least in my experience.  I think anyone who is reasonably tech-savvy shouldn't have too much of an issue learning to use it. :)