Menu

My dh probably has a job.

In Florida.:001_huh:

If he does, he will leave next weekend. We'll stay here through August and visit for a week every month. We aren't ready to totally uproot our family if it isn't going to work out.

This also means that we will be leaving my 16yo behind. I am DEVASTATED by this, but he is handling it just fine.

Hopefully this will be a new beginning for us. We'll know for sure on Tuesday, but we're pretty sure it will happen. He won't be making much to start, but it has room for advancement and it isn't hard manual labor, KWIM?

She covered this in another thread awhile back (and i'm not sure when DQ will be back since she doesn't have i-net at home right now).

Her custody arrangement won't make it so that her son has to come with them.

Thanks, Tracy. I do have internet at home, but intermittently until they replace the line to the road. I got it Tuesday as I was supposed to start working for my mother part-time (through a virtual network.)

My almost 16yo splits his time between our house and his father's and he is choosing to stay here. He is finishing his sophomore year, has a girlfriend, plays varsity basketball, etc. He doesn't want to move and start over now and since his father is here and we share custody (not to mention the fact that he is 16 in three weeks) I can't make him go.

I hate it - we were planning to stay here until he graduated, but dh can't find a job here. My ds is sad/upset, but he thinks we *should* go. I'm really struggling with this!

We are doing this right now. Dh is in the A.F. and moved to his next duty assignment in Alaska in Feb. The kids and I stayed here to finish up some activities we were involved in. Dh will return for us mid-June and we will make the trip North to Alaska. I will just be so thankful to have my Dh back.

I know it will be difficult to move w/o your son. I will be praying that the Lord will work everything out for your family.

Thanks, Tracy. I do have internet at home, but intermittently until they replace the line to the road. I got it Tuesday as I was supposed to start working for my mother part-time (through a virtual network.)

My almost 16yo splits his time between our house and his father's and he is choosing to stay here. He is finishing his sophomore year, has a girlfriend, plays varsity basketball, etc. He doesn't want to move and start over now and since his father is here and we share custody (not to mention the fact that he is 16 in three weeks) I can't make him go.

I hate it - we were planning to stay here until he graduated, but dh can't find a job here. My ds is sad/upset, but he thinks we *should* go. I'm really struggling with this!

:grouphug:

Glad to hear you are plugged in at home though (because, that is a lifeline for me - so it HAS to be for others :tongue_smilie: )

It's never easy, and i'll still hold out hope that your son will decide to follow you at some point. I can see how it would be the end of the world to him at this point to leave.... sigh...

OK, more :grouphug: