Menu

Lipstick Colors -- Am I behind the times?

Today I spent time with a professional woman (Ph.D.) who was wearing a medium grey business suit, black pumps and ............. medium gray lipstick!

She is in her early 60s.

I didn't say anything, of course, but my eyes probably bugged right out of my head momentarily as I thought at first that it was Halloween makeup, then realized that didn't make sense.

Is this a new fashion? Or is this lady either misguided or just plain weird? Or maybe I am just out of the fashion loop 100%?

RC

Today I spent time with a professional woman (Ph.D.) who was wearing a medium grey business suit, black pumps and ............. medium gray lipstick!

She is in her early 60s.

I didn't say anything, of course, but my eyes probably bugged right out of my head momentarily as I thought at first that it was Halloween makeup, then realized that didn't make sense.

Is this a new fashion? Or is this lady either misguided or just plain weird? Or maybe I am just out of the fashion loop 100%?

RC

Eeew. I can't imagine resembling a cadaver is a bandwagon I'll jump on either.

Barb

orangey lipsticks are "it" for spring color. Not that I will be purchasing any orange lipsticks, I will stick to the pink shades that flatter my skin.

Grey lipstick is just weird, and certainly couldn't be flattering on anyone living.

By the way, I don't particularly follow fashion trends of any type, but I still have a Redbook subscription from years back, and I do like to at least LOOK at what's in style, so I know what I'm not following! :p