Menu

Where do you go online to buy plus size women's clothes at a good price?

Roaman's

http://www.womanwithin.com/Woman Within

And from Roaman's I LOVE this line of clothing. I have a couple of things from it and they are my go-to outfits for dates and such.

Taillissime

and at Woman Within there is this new line that I have not tried yet but it is cute, cute, cute

Ellos

If you will google phrases like "roaman's coupon code" or "woman within discount code" you can usually find several codes to choose from to craft the best deal for yourself.

Guest Katia

Chadwicks is now carrying some women's sizes. I like their clothing and their sale prices are good.

My favorite place to shop online is Coldwater Creek. I only shop their clearance and I always google for coupons and can usually find ones not only with % off but also free shipping. The best time to buy from them is the end of the seasons....I got wonderful stuff for 85% off plus free shipping! Their fabric quality and drape is unbeatable. If not for the sales I'd never be able to shop here. (It's all DollyM's fault - she put the link on here a few years ago).

The correct fit is too important to purchase online and each company has a different cut to their clothes, as well as different manufacturers for the same company.

I do not like Lane Bryant b/c the clothes are not cut correctly for my body shape, the tops look like balloons on me and I have a shapely figure. I learned from What Not To Wear (on TLC) to lay the garment flat to determine the actual shape, you don't want rectangle or square shape tops and most of Lane Bryant's tops do not have a tie back to give you a waistline.

I also know the pants at Lane Bryant do not fit me well, they gap in the back b/c I have a smaller waist than hips. I shop at Dress Barn now and I have to be extremely picky even there, trying every single thing on to determine fit. Good clothes should match your body style, hug your curves but not be too tight- they should compliment your body and buying online makes this impossible, imo.

Good luck!

I like Old Navy's online selection. I like that they are clothes that any woman would wear, not specially designed for "plus sized women." Who ever gave designers the idea that if you weigh a bit more, you must love animal prints and sequins??

I've found that their size chart is accurate too, and have ordered both tops and pants online that fit well.

If you are an apple shape, Old Navy clothes fit particularly well. Those with a smaller waist proportionally seem to have more trouble there. But I don't have that problem. ;)

I like Old Navy's online selection. I like that they are clothes that any woman would wear, not specially designed for "plus sized women." Who ever gave designers the idea that if you weigh a bit more, you must love animal prints and sequins??

Amen!

Guest Katia
Who ever gave designers the idea that if you weigh a bit more, you must love animal prints and sequins??

:iagree: This is SO insightful. I am always looking for simple and plain but those selections are few and far in between.

http://www.orvis.com has beautiful stuff that lasts really, really well. I have skirts from CJ Banks that have lasted 3 years and are threadbare, where my 7 yo ones from Orvis are still fine. And no sequins, elephants, or leopards. Just nice plaids, seersucker, etc. :)

BTW, what a great husband to say you can order clothes! Me, I'm making my own clothes these days. Gotta save some $$. (My problem was I found *4* skirts I wanted! lol)

Edited by OhElizabeth

Part of the issue is how plus you need (I need a lot ;))---places that top out at 2x won't cut it for me.

http://www.jms.com Just My Size (underwear, socks, activewear primarily--more reasonably priced) their sizes seem to be a little smaller on the "x" numbers than some other manufacturers

http://www.holyclothing.com *not* religiously based despite the name ;) funky interesting clothing, they started on ebay, quite reasonably priced

http://www.makingitbig.com Making It Big (but look at the sale sections because they are expensive by my standards)

http://www.bigonbatik.com Big on Batik I have a dress that I have had from this company for over 8 years and I still love it. Now they changed their styles a few years ago and I am not as fond of the styles they have currently, but you might find something you like.

The correct fit is too important to purchase online and each company has a different cut to their clothes, as well as different manufacturers for the same company.

I do not like Lane Bryant b/c the clothes are not cut correctly for my body shape, the tops look like balloons on me and I have a shapely figure. I learned from What Not To Wear (on TLC) to lay the garment flat to determine the actual shape, you don't want rectangle or square shape tops and most of Lane Bryant's tops do not have a tie back to give you a waistline.

I also know the pants at Lane Bryant do not fit me well, they gap in the back b/c I have a smaller waist than hips. I shop at Dress Barn now and I have to be extremely picky even there, trying every single thing on to determine fit. Good clothes should match your body style, hug your curves but not be too tight- they should compliment your body and buying online makes this impossible, imo.

Good luck!

I don't think she has a choice here, Jessica. She is in Guatemala and has the opportunity to have someone bring the clothing to her. I think online ordering is the only way she can get some new clothes.

Correct me if I am wrong here, Dayle.

Who ever gave designers the idea that if you weigh a bit more, you must love animal prints and sequins??

Maybe a sequin or two here or there once in awhile.....

But no animal prints.

Except on pajamas!! :001_smile:

But I agree with you. Why can't designers just design clothing in larger sizes out of "normal" fabrics?