Menu

WTM Postcard exchange...how's it going?

Just to check with everyone on how the exchange is going.

My email account is giving me HUGE troubles...some never received the list of addresses I sent out.

Let me know if you still haven't received it. I may have to find a way copy and paste it in a message to you if you haven't gotten it yet.

Whew!! This is a lot more work than I anticipated. lol :tongue_smilie:

KristineinKS-I'll get it to you!! If you don't mind, just send me an email letting me know you didn't get it yet so I won't have to search through the list to find your email. :D

Alicia and sandra in va-Would you two care to email me and let me know you can forward the list on? That way I'll have both of your email addresses available in case anyone else didn't get it. Thank you for offering to help!

MamaT-thank you!! :D

Chris in VA-no problem!! Thank you!! :D

We have also sent some out and will send more this weekend. We have received one postcard so far. My boys were very excited!

FUN!!

Just in case anyone needs it again, my email is christielee7278@live.com.

Edited by christielee7278
need to include my email.

Tammy, I think you are right they were supposed to go out gradually. My kids got caught up marking all the locations on our big map as part of a geography lesson and so they all got done at once. I decided to mail them rather than lose them on my desk over the coming weeks.

Dd and I are late getting our postcards out, but will be sending the first group out this weekend. We plan to send out in groups of 8-10 at a time.

We did get both lists, and I also want to thank you for all of your work. We appreciate it very much and look forward to sending and receiving ours. This is the first time we've done anything like this before. Lots of fun!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Dd was very enthused to get it and realize that there will be many more.

NOTE: For those that have not sent post cards yet, could you be sure to address the card to dd instead of to me? No huge deal, but it would be nice for her sake.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I had no idea how hard it would be to find postcards from our city. BUT we did find them and purchased the stamps, too. Sending ours out starting tomorrow!

We received our first two today and the girls enjoyed locating the states and listening to the Leap Frog globe.

Christie, I received an e-mail from you containing only what appears to be a second or additional page with 7 addresses, including my own. I'm assuming there's more to the list than that? I e-mailed you about this, but haven't received a response, so I'm guessing your e-mail is still acting up. If someone could get me the rest of the addresses, I'd so appreciate it - I'll get right on it once I have a list! Thanks!

Christie, I received an e-mail from you containing only what appears to be a second or additional page with 7 addresses, including my own. I'm assuming there's more to the list than that? I e-mailed you about this, but haven't received a response, so I'm guessing your e-mail is still acting up. If someone could get me the rest of the addresses, I'd so appreciate it - I'll get right on it once I have a list! Thanks!

ACK!!! lol I'll send again and have another lady who is helping me send it too.

I think I'm going back to gmail after this....

Kristine, just resent. Lmk if you receive them!! Sorry about this. I wonder if something in the email is being considered spam or something and being sent to a spam or junk folder?

Also just wanted to let you know I emailed you from my yahoo account too. =)

Edited by christielee7278

I got all the address lists just fine but we're a bit behind on sending any out yet. We just got 2 postcards this week so my kids are excited to start sending theirs out tomorrow. We're only doing about 5 a week. Our grocery stores, all of them, sell postcards. Who would have thought that the post office doesn't?

Thanks for all the work on this, btw!

Hi Everyone, this has been really really great!

We have received from OR and Australia. Kids are so funny. They thought it was quite normal though exciting to receive one from OR but could not believe that someone sent a card all the way from Australia! Just goes to show that that mentally they are in some ways still in the US.

After much stress and tears our first 9 went out yesterday and we have 5 more and the stamps to finish for the end of the week. We had to redo all of the first week's because of my daughter. One unexpected benefit of this has been the renewed focus and pride in penmanship. My daughter has always struggled in this area and worked only to please me unless she had her pink or purple fountain pen in hand. Now that she has come to understand that real live people who are NOT family will be seeing them her penmanship counts. Penmanship is the first academic subject of the day around here now. :) If you get a card from us in pink or purple ink and it is a little hard to read know that a 7 year old spent a FULL half an hours labor after practicing that morning to produce that card. Her brother of course writes like a scribe. They practice separately to prevent bloodshed.

Alicia in New Zealand

dd7.5, ds7.5 (not twins), dd4.5

Thats what my dc yell as they check the mail each day. I want to thank Newport News (Suffolk), Virginia; Booleroo Center, Australia; and Canby,Oregon. We really appreciate the cards and know that it takes more than a bit of effort - and cost - to get them out.

Alicia in New Zealand

Thats what my dc yell as they check the mail each day. I want to thank Newport News (Suffolk), Virginia; Booleroo Center, Australia; and Canby,Oregon. We really appreciate the cards and know that it takes more than a bit of effort - and cost - to get them out.

Alicia in New Zealand

So glad that it made it to you from VA! We realized too late that we hadn't put sufficient postage on it, so we were going to send another one. Thanks for letting us know!

:)

P.s. we get a similar yell at our house when mail is checked!

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd bring this up to the top again to remind everyone to continue sending out those postcards. We have sent all of ours, with the except of the ones to our Australia and New Zealand friends - which will be forthcoming. My daughter watches the mail almost daily, waiting for more postcards.

It has been a lot of fun to read the cards and see where they've come from. Thank you to all that have participated.

Blessings,

Lucinda and 10 yo dd, Bettie

Our refrigerator is half covered in postcards! We love it! As others mentioned, we had a devil of a time finding postcards TO send! I had just about given up when lo and behold I happened upon them in the aisle of our Super Walmart. Go figure! LOL I sent out about 10 last week, with more to follow. ;) So...ours are coming. A bit late but better late than never, right? :D

Thank you all for sending them. We have really enjoyed it!

We found our postcards at a local one stop shopping type of store similar to Walmart. The clerk was pretty blown away by how many we bought, but the price was pretty reasonable.

Yes, thanks so much to all who have been sending postcards. Please keep them coming!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thanks to everyone who has sent cards to us here in New Zealand. We have about 10 to go out this weekend. My kids LOVE getting mail. We plan on putting them up on the wall when we move with pins linking the places they came from. We have the Story Disks from FIAR to do this also so they are excited. It really makes geagraphy so much more meaningful.

Regards,

Alicia in New Zealand

• 3 weeks later...

We received a postcard from Australia this week - very exciting!! Thanks to everyone that has sent us mail. We've received approximately 15 cards so far. My dd watches for them in the mail every day, so this has been a nice project for us. We have all on the list but three mailed out.

Blessings,

Lucinda

We'll be sending out our next big batch pretty soon. My sons haven't been too keen on writing any themselves, so I've done them myself or scribed for them thus far. I may make it part of school (sub. penmanship) - thanks for the idea!

PS - Alicia, your dd has absolutely beautiful penmanship!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, after reading Rosie's note to follow through on these sorts of things and not let it fizzle out (this was in a more recent thread about a new postcard exchange), I remembered about this one. I just mailed out the rest of my postcards from this exchange today, all except to the B. family in Alma - because the state and zip code were not listed (please PM me and I'll send yours along). As my grandma always says, "better late than never". ;)