Were you homeschooled yourself?  

1. 1. Were you homeschooled yourself?

• Yes, all the way!
    • Yes, most of my school years.
    • Yes, some of my school years.
    • No, not at all.
    • Other

How exciting Sarah :)

Well, I wasn't really homeschooled. I was in an alternative setting (living situation and everything) as a young teen (12-14yrs old). The freedom and independence educationally really made a big impression on me. I was able to learn things of interest as well as accelerate my education.

THEN, when I was 17, I did homebound for a short time.

My kids have been home all but 8 weeks of the fall of 2001.

I would have told you that you were out of your mind 3 years ago when my kids were in private Lutheran classical curriculum school, but then we moved and took a job where we could travel as much as we could stand-by. Field trips were very possible and here I am homeschooling when I was only public schooled AND I'm a certified junior high school teacher.

I homeschooled during my freshman year of high school. I had heard so many horror stories of 9th graders being stuffed in lockers/trashcans/heads put in the toilet, etc, etc, etc and it scared me. I have a severely dyslexic brother that had been HSed for several years and I decided I wanted to stay home, too. Since we were in AK, the state paid for me to be enrolled in distance learning.

I did not enjoy my year HSing and really missed the social aspect (it was hard for me to see all the other kids in the neighborhood getting dressed up and going to school dances, etc) of PS. I learned a lot that year...not so much about the subject matter, but about myself. I think I would have enjoyed HSing if my mom had taken an active role in my lessons and not just left me to my own devices. I am glad to have experienced it, though.

I chose "other" -- I attended a private Christian school from K-8th, Catholic school in 9th/10th & then a public school in 11th. The public school I went to started a pilot "independent study" program the year that I attended. Because it was all very new, *I* got to design my own curriculum, choosing whatever I wanted to study so long as it still [loosely] met the requirements & the teacher approved my choices. While I had never really enjoyed school, I had always been highly self-motivated & that year changed my life like none other. I studied philosophy and architecture, children's literature & who knows what else...working entirely on my own from home except for two mornings per week when I'd meet with the teacher. It was wonderful & in the end I graduated early with perfect grades. That year, I became absolutely passionate about learning...something that has stayed with me to this day.

I was homeschooled for one year (1st grade) and it was the most fun year of school I had until I went to college...which is why I'm homeschooling my children. I want to give them interesting things to do and I want them to be challenged where they are. They don't have to be superstars - I just don't want them to be completely bored like dh and I both were.

My mother wanted to homeschool me when the local ps refused to admit me, but she was told by the ps that it was illegal. I was enrolled in a distant private school until we moved to another district. I wish that I had been educated at home. I have learned more teaching my own dc than I did in the ps. (New Math and "mean girls" certainly had something to do with my decision to home educate my own)

Nope, I wasn't. I went to 13 different schools (3 different schools in 2 different states in 5th grade ALONE, and 5 high schools), and we weren't a military family. I have many gaps in my education, and ended up dropping out and getting my GED because I wasn't learning ANYTHING new my senior year, except in Algebra 2...and who wants to waste so many hours a day RE-learning stuff you still remember??

Anyone wanna teach me long division?? (Not joking here...I really do want to learn!)

Private school kindergarten through 4th grade.

DoDD's school overseas from 5th grade to high school graduation.

I'm married to an active duty Air Force pilot. We moved overseas this year (for a one year tour) and homeschooling has definitely provided stability for my oldest DD this year. We'll be moving again this summer (back to the states, maybe??.... I'd just like to be within driving distance of a Target:D) ....and are planning on homeschooling both of our DC next year (4th and 1st).

I was never homeschooled, and I am sure my parents never considered it. I don't think we ever heard about it at all. My parents are HUGE advocates of public schools and encourage me on nearly a weekly basis to put my kids in school.

But, they do support me, whatever I choose to do. They love us anyway, in spite of our schooling choices. And, they see that my kids are doing really well and learning, and that I'm not keeping them in a closet or anything. :D