Menu

The boards aren't as funny anymore...

I liked how I could scroll down, and see someone being silly in a thread I wouldn't have participated in, like teasing on a typo or something like that....

If I don't open up every thread, I might never see these funny things... :(

Is there aways to see all of the threads? Or maybe you can have pity on me and star threads with goofiness going on inside. :)

I think the signatures and some other good things outweigh the negatives, overall, but I just thought of this one thing that I will miss.

I wish so badly there was a happy medium, the style of the old boards but the registration and benefits of this board! Teaching Mom is like this and I LOVE those boards! They are very similar to these. The home board looks like this one but once you go into say the general board its like our old TWTM boards except the front board only holds so many post so instead of having a new board posted all the time like the old TWTM boards the automatically drop off the bottom. BUT you can read the threads all the way down and I miss that!

to be able to easily scroll down a page of posts, and read the shorter answers right there in the subject line.

Now it's a pain to open every post, scroll down through all the replies, and click through pages.

Plus, the personality and fun are gone.

But the good thing is that this should help me cut down on board time during the week, or when I need to do other things.

Michelle T

I agree but I did find if you change your display options in the posts you can view it kinda like the old posts. Only thing is you need to do this in the post to change it.

so go into a post and near the top is a Display option. You can choose it to show our 'old' way at the top and then you can open other messages IF you want. it's not perfect though.....you still have to open the original post.

and yes, I am spending less time browsing the boards now.

to be able to easily scroll down a page of posts, and read the shorter answers right there in the subject line.

Now it's a pain to open every post, scroll down through all the replies, and click through pages.

Plus, the personality and fun are gone.

But the good thing is that this should help me cut down on board time during the week, or when I need to do other things.

Michelle T

The use of nt is something they should be able to fix. On other vbulletin boards I am on they do allow posting only one character. But it will probably require them to pull down the boards to correct it.

I am on other vbulletin boards, so I am used to it and don’t really mind it. It does have its own benefits. For example:

You can add your favorite people to your buddy list (not sure what features they have enabled yet).

If you click on a person’s name or view their profile you have the option of pulling up all the posts they have made. From there you can go to the post if you want to read the whole thing. The Profile also has an option to find all the posts they have started.

Private Messages are a great tool for connecting with people.

I also recommend you change your, “display modes,” which is found on the upper right hand side when you are looking at a thread, to either Hybrid or Threaded. Both will have a window where you can see who has posted to what person like the old boards. Linear either has the posts first to last or last to first, depending on how the boards are set up, looks first to last to me.

Hope it grows on you all in time. I so miss some of the same things.

Heather

I used to frequent a forum done in this format, and believe me, you could spot people being funny. Once you get used to this format, you learn how to "see" it. Frequent posters learn how to "work" it and get the most bang for their buck, so to speak.

Using features like the "new posts" link on your control panel will really help with that.

It's not as easy to simply add an "ITA" under someone's post. But we'll find other ways of doing the same thing.

You know, I truly understand. I looked at this for 2 days before I started trying to figure it out. But, for me, this is the only support I can get so it's absolutely worth it to try. I'm finding myself actually feeling so triumphant when I figure something out! I think once we all get used to it, we'll find that "feel" again!