Menu

Do you ever get "high-fives" from heaven?

This is just too weird.

I haven't been on here in days. DAYS.

Today I logged on and the first thread I read was about the Duggar wedding and when people had their first kiss. I responded a couple of times and then Camibami posted this:

.....His name was Joel, he was an uber-blond Scandinavian boy from Linden, WA,

My brother was named Joel, and was an uber-blond Scandinavian boy. He passed away at 17 in a car accident; we were a year apart in age and very close. He was my only sibling.

Then I went back to the General board and saw a subject line from Colleen about losing a child in a car accident.

Then I saw another thread about not acting like one is 17....etc.

The weird thing is that I was just thinking about Joel on the way home from work today. No particular reason; he just popped into my thoughts.

Sometimes I think that he just gives me a high-five from Heaven, you know? Occasionally, just to keep in contact or whatever. I know...weird. Especially coming from me. But there you are.

Thanks, Cami. :001_smile: I totally needed that tonight.

Astrid

I don't think this is weird at all! Yay! for your high-five!

And, it's my opinion that one does not need to be religious to accept and believe in high-fives from heaven.

I also believe that God/the Universe/A Higher Power/the Great Mystery/Love/whatever you want to call it or not call it - It's always working in our lives whether we believe in it or not. Belief is not a prerequisite. But, awareness and acknowledge of these high-fives sure can bring us a warm and connected, happy feeling.

That's lovely, Astrid, what happened. There are no coincidences.

Yes, but I am the Poster Child for Personal Faith Crises. I've all but given up on religion. But I guess it hasn't given up totally on me.

astrid

Me too, Astrid. I gave up on all religion a long time ago...too binding for me. Now I just follow Christ...His grace and understanding is addictive.:) So glad you feel Him speaking to you!:grouphug:

Yes, Astrid, I get "high fives" from The Universe. My personal belief is that those we love are continually able to connect with us (did you ever see City of Angels?), as long as we are open to the idea, and listening/watching/acknowledging.

I'm so happy for you!

:001_smile:

at least for me. I get those, too, Astrid. From my grandmother, who visits me in my dreams 14 years after her death, to my neighbor (who I wrote about here at length) who I see every day since she passed a couple of weeks ago. Every sign of spring is reminding me of her- she was quite a nature lover, and so is my daughter, so we can enjoy her together.

We can receive love whenever we open to it.

at least for me. I get those, too, Astrid. From my grandmother, who visits me in my dreams 14 years after her death, to my neighbor (who I wrote about here at length) who I see every day since she passed a couple of weeks ago. Every sign of spring is reminding me of her- she was quite a nature lover, and so is my daughter, so we can enjoy her together.

:iagree:

Lovely thoughts, Mad Jenny Flint. :001_smile:

Last Nov. I was leaving ds's apartment after an awful confrontation. This was a low point in a damaged relationship. The day was gray, damp, and gloomy. As I stepped the half dozen steps from his door to my car, there on the ground was a bright, shiney, new penny. It fairly glowed in the gloom.

It hadn't been there when I went to his door.

I took it as a sign from God that I shouldn't give up on my son yet.

Another example...

The year my mother died was awful. Her death, an unexpected job loss, a horrible riff with my brother, an IRS audit, a broken bone in my spine and so much more. Awful. But my mother managed to send me a gift. One of my dear friends decided to get married...on my mother's birthday. These are people that make me feel incredible, but don't live close to me. During those terrible first holidays without my mom, I had the wedding trip to keep me looking forward. Her birthday had been Dec. 30. It was a treasured day with my friends.

I believe my sis in law sent me a gift after her death as well. Small, but precious.

I think these are sigsn that all is well in the other realm and we should have hope.

I think that's lovely, and I totally believe God does this.

Now I have to smile and poke a little fun--First Spy Car enjoys a hymn, now you are getting High Fives! What's up with that?! :lol:

Said tenderly.

Duck and cover! It's the Rapture! :D:lol:

(said with tongue in cheek!)

astrid

Last Nov. I was leaving ds's apartment after an awful confrontation. This was a low point in a damaged relationship. The day was gray, damp, and gloomy. As I stepped the half dozen steps from his door to my car, there on the ground was a bright, shiney, new penny. It fairly glowed in the gloom.

It hadn't been there when I went to his door.

I took it as a sign from God that I shouldn't give up on my son yet.

Another example...

The year my mother died was awful. Her death, an unexpected job loss, a horrible riff with my brother, an IRS audit, a broken bone in my spine and so much more. Awful. But my mother managed to send me a gift. One of my dear friends decided to get married...on my mother's birthday. These are people that make me feel incredible, but don't live close to me. During those terrible first holidays without my mom, I had the wedding trip to keep me looking forward. Her birthday had been Dec. 30. It was a treasured day with my friends.

I believe my sis in law sent me a gift after her death as well. Small, but precious.

I think these are sigsn that all is well in the other realm and we should have hope.

Lovely stories, Happy. Thanks for sharing!

Astrid

How touching. Thanks, Jenny......your post was beautiful.

astrid

(did you ever see City of Angels?),

:001_smile:

You know, I'm never, ever emotional about Joel's death. REally, I"m not. Not overly so, anyway. However, I tried to watch that movie several years ago and I couldn't get past the first half hour. :crying:

Never saw "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, either. It came out soon after Joel died and I"ve avoided it like the plague ever since.

astrid