Menu

My family said I wasn't smart enough to homeschool...

My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our kids before they were even born. My family had a fit; thought it was a terrible mistake. They harrassed me for 13 long yeras about it. I have one son who is a sophmore in college and one in 12th grade but taking college classes also. Both are straight A stuents. I try not to rub it in their faces at family get togethers but I do make them aware of how well they are doing. I used various curriculums but by high school they were mostly doing everything on their own. Just wanted to encourage those out there that may be discouraged or think they can't do it. I am not that smart but I didn't have to be. I just bought curriculum to teach the stuff I didn't not know. BTW my kids far exceded me academically by the time they were in 10th grade but it still worked out. Be encouraged, you can do this!:iagree:Nanmom

Thank you for sharing! Congrats!!!

My family thought the same thing until my DD8 (then age 4) started spouting off all sorts of things that my SIL's kindy ps kids did not know. They no longer hassle us directly, but the kids still get quizzed which bugs me more than the kids so we leave it alone.

My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our kids before they were even born. My family had a fit; thought it was a terrible mistake. They harrassed me for 13 long yeras about it. I have one son who is a sophmore in college and one in 12th grade but taking college classes also. Both are straight A stuents. I try not to rub it in their faces at family get togethers but I do make them aware of how well they are doing. I used various curriculums but by high school they were mostly doing everything on their own. Just wanted to encourage those out there that may be discouraged or think they can't do it. I am not that smart but I didn't have to be. I just bought curriculum to teach the stuff I didn't not know. BTW my kids far exceded me academically by the time they were in 10th grade but it still worked out. Be encouraged, you can do this!:iagree:Nanmom

Thanks for sharing this...it is so encouraging to those of us who do not have the full support of loved ones.