Menu

Dancing issue I'm having trouble with...

I remember that some of the adult Sunday school classes in our church in Florida (United Methodist) threw a dance in our social hall. I *think* they did it as a fund-raiser, but I can't recall. It was at least 25 years ago. Anyway, the lady in charge decided that the first song was going to be "Mack the Knife." She wanted them to all go out in a big way if God decided to have the roof collapse on them. It didn't, and a good time was had by all.

Edited by Hoggirl
typo - as usual!

My 4.5 year old recently graduated from the toddler section to the "big girl" section at target. It's like a whole new world over there: mini skirts, low-rise jeans completely covered with rhinestones, and Hannah Montana's face on every other article of clothing. :001_huh::001_huh: I'm not ready to deal with this!!

Oh, seriously. Becca's "graduated" too, and I have since bought less than 5 things for her there. I like my Gymboree - nice and age-appropriate and no Hannah Montana! :glare: I've run into the same problem at several other stores too - 5-6 is still young, not young adult!

At my college you weren't allowed to A. dance on campus. B. have sex on campus.

The joke was always "we can't have sex on campus because it leads to dancing.....!" :lol:

We held off campus dances ;)

LOL!! I was going to say this too. Sex leads to dancing......and I'm pretty sure that the Dugars know about sex!! ;-)

Low cut, padded, push up bras for young girls. Looked Victoria's Secret for young girls.

My dd did show choir at school last year (7th grade). Their outfit was a very tight fitting low cut black dress, and they required the girls to wear a padded bra. I was. not. happy.

After our Pastor declared us husband and wife, we two-stepped our way back down the sanctuary to Josh Turner's "would you go with me". It was a complete surprise to everyone except us and our music guy.

I believe God thought it was a wonderful and honoring and appropriate expression of our union.

DAncing is not allowed at my church(pentacostal). We were going to rent the gym for my parents 30th anniversary but were told that dancing was not allowed. I was surprised actually because I did not even know it was a concern. After all the folks dancing at teh 30th anniversary are not "dirty dancing" etc where a sexual connotation occurs. I know my neighbors also stop their little children(ages 2 & 3) from dancing because it is veiwed as inappropriate in their church(LDS)

Wierd! The pentacostal churches I've attended always ENCOURAGED dancing. They wanted people to 'get in the spirit' and found dancing to be a very appropriate way to express joy in the presence of God.

Well, whatever you think about dancing, I think it should be up to the parents to decide how to raise their children.

:iagree: