Menu

Stressed out, tired, may I seek prayer/empathy?

Obviously, if I have to log in to post to the board, it's been a while since I've been here.

First, my mom has been in the hospital since last Friday with what they thought might be a recurrence of MAC (similar to TB, but not as serious a threat to others), but it appears it is "only" a serious case of pneumonia. Today, the day they thought she might be able to go home to continue her antibiotic treatments, they discover blood in her stool, so tomorrow she has a GI scope and then later in the week, a colonoscopy. She is very anemic, has lost 10 pounds, and looks suddenly very old to me.

Second, our house is torn up. We are finally taking care of some highly-needed repairs since my husband has winters "almost" off from work, and it is the ONLY time he ever has to do things like this. He had changed a carport over to an extension of the living area 15 years ago, and he is making it look like he should have then -- ceilings and walls matching. We are getting new carpet (the other was embarrassingly old), and I cannot believe how difficult a decision that is -- especially knowing we'll probably get cancer from it anyway.

I have had to get rid of a very tall bookshelf worth of books to rearrange things as we wanted, so I have a van full of thrift store stuff, and now I'm trying to figure out how to sell the boxes of "good" books I have left -- and where to store them in the meantime! [look for an ad here soon -- hint hint].

I have much-need tax work to do to get to our accountant for S-corporation tax deadlines.

I am a homeschooling mom -- not homeschooling right now.

I feel like I'm neglecting everyone during this time -- my mom, my boys.

My eldest is on his second week of college, and I know he needs much more of me right now as well.

I just want to crawl in a hole. Oh, and hormones are wacked too. I just cannot stop crying.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by nestof3

(((Dawn))) I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Prayers for you, your mom, your children and husband. :grouphug:

That is so very much to be dealing with at one. Goodness, hang in there get through this without guilt. Do what you can or must and don't let the sheer number of things overwhelm you.

Edited by Tammyla

Obviously, if I have to log in to post to the board, it's been a while since I've been here.

First, my mom has been in the hospital since last Friday with what they thought might be a reoccurence of MAC (similar to TB, but not as serious a threat to others), but it appears it is "only" a serious case of pneumonia. Today, the day they thought she might be able to go home to continue her antibiotic treatments, they discover blood in her stool, so tomorrow she has a GI scope and then later in the week, a colonoscopy. She is very anemic, has lost 10 pounds, and looks suddenly very old to me.

Second, our house is torn up. We are finally taking care of some highly-needed repairs since my husband has winters "almost" off from work, and it is the ONLY time he ever has to do things like this. He had changed a carport over to an extension of the living area 15 years ago, and he is making it look like he should have then -- ceilings and walls matching. We are getting new carpet (the other was embarrasingly old), and I cannot believe how difficult a decision that is -- especially knowing we'll probably get cancer from it anyway.

I have had to get rid of a very tall bookshelf worth of books to rearrange things as we wanted, so I have a van full of thrift store stuff, and now I'm trying to figure out how to sell the boxes of "good" books I have left -- and where to store them in the meantime! [look for an ad here soon -- hint hint].

I have much-need tax work to do to get to our accountant for S-corporation tax deadlines.

I am a homeschooling mom -- not homeschooling right now.

I feel like I'm neglecting everyone during this time -- my mom, my boys.

My eldest is on his second week of college, and I know he needs much more of me right now as well.

I just want to crawl in a hole. Oh, and hormones are wacked too. I just cannot stop crying.

Thanks for listening.

Dawn, :grouphug: Let me try to encourage you with this little reader's digest testimonial - we began MAJOR home renovations summer, 2006. Still aren't finished but as of this summer, things began to feel like life was on more of an even keel. After two years of hit and miss academic endeavors (the life skills the girls have learned are invaluable), my girls tested better than what I would have hoped for at the end of last school year. If anyone could muss up our kids' education, it would have been our case scenario due to the length of the trial. It didn't happen. God was faithful to keep His promise He gave me when my firstborn was newly arrived. As I struggled with the acute realization that I could not be a perfect Mommy, He said, "When you drop the ball, I will be there to pick it up for (them)."

Do something today that will boost *your* spirits (cup of coffee, trip to Barnes & Noble, whatever works for you) and collect your thoughts. Give this all over to the Lord. His mercies are new every day. Great is His faithfulness! He has all you need and desires to impart it to you so that you CAN walk worthy of the call He's placed upon your life for this day, tomorrow, and the days and weeks to come. I truly do understand that overwhelming pain and frustration that comes from knowing you are simply spread too thin to do all that needs to be done well. I am here to tell you, from firsthand experience, that God is able to make up the difference.

Many blessings to you, your immediate family, and your mom!

Sharon

It is really hard trying to juggle caring for parents, a husband, young children and an emerging adult all at once. I often feel I am neglecting everything - it's always something. Either I neglect my Dad or homeschooling or prayer and scripture or cleaning or finances because I can. not. get. it. all. done. So at the end of the day, I have a tendancy to dwell on what I didn't do rather than what I did do.

Keep a list of what you have done. It really helps. At the end of the day you will see that you made dinner, you organized books, you studied a psalm, you read a book to a child, you called your Mom, and ask God (and your DH!) to give you confirmation that those things were worthwhile.

I really think I understand where you are coming from, and I am going to pray for you.

Dana