Menu

Tackling Friday Together, 10.4.24

mom31257

• mom31257 changed the title to Tackling Friday Together, 10.4.24

It is a teacher workday today and I will go in but I don't need to go in for the whole day.   

Lunch with a friend at the Asian food court (I have been a couple of times and it is SO awesome, something like 20+ Asian restaurants all in one place!).  Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Filipino, Korean, pretty much everything but Indian.   I wish they included Indian, but whatever.

Trader Joe's run

Petsmart for dog food

Pick A's prescription

Laundry

A needs a bath tonight

Decide on our trip to VA for tomorrow (long day and drive home or stay the night?   I can't decide).  We are heading up to help son with his car.

• Like 5

My dad’s appointment is at 8 this morning, so we are up getting ready. 

This afternoon starts a very busy two and a half weeks for me. The Arts Council’s quilt exhibit is the next two weekends. We start taking the quilts today. I have to be there all three days this weekend. Next week, we hang the quilts and get everything ready in the afternoons and evenings. 

We go to Ohio the next weekend, which is the first weekend of the show. The third weekend is the last of the show, and we take it all down to give back the quilts. 

I hope Daddy’s ears can be taken care of today or I will need to come back again soon. 

Hope you all have a great day! 

• Like 5

Last day of school before Fall Break! Will be bringing lots of work home, so it will not all be vacation, but I will be glad for the down time and rest.

I have about an hour and a half of grad school stuff to finish up tonight. Then that’s done til the 17th when my next course begins.

Call in a prescription refill.
Double check Ds’ work schedule
Order dog food
Watch some Cranford
Stretch before bed

Dinner is? Not sure yet. Several options. Maybe take out? Idk. 

• Like 4

good morning!

Well, I was all better, and then we went to fencing and the "tailgate" afterwards, and sat right where the smoke was coming, and that flared up the cough again. So, didn't sleep well last night, but took meds, finally settled, and it seems to be better this morning. Fingers crossed. 

Today's plans:

....send some emails I've been delaying
....finish more coffee

....help DS with his history stuff/check in in general on school stuff
....find out from Middle why they were up at 2:30 wanting Microsoft account stuff (xbox, etc.)
....maybe do some sewing
....text Mom
....text Grandma
....probably we all go to take Middle to their appt this afternoon, b/c DH has an appt right after, and then we will go out for dinner
....if everyone rebels about that, I will take Middle, DH will go to his appt, we'll reconvene all at home a little later and probably eat leftovers
....watch something? together, or just DH & I? veg out, etc.
....go to bed

Somewhere in there, figure out if the kids are or are not having D&D tomorrow, and if so, what's the plan for food, and if need be, grocery shop for that

Oh, and look some more at class rings online -- Middle is, amazingly, eligible to order theirs finally. Not sure if they will or not, but would like to get an idea of reasonable costs, etc, before visiting the vendor next week.

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Good morning!

We got a response to our formal complaint about ds's teacher from the head of the department.  In its effort to be condescending, the email told us how wrong we were......and added the evidence that proved we were right.  It also neglected any aspect of the actual complaint in favor of telling us our child just couldn't hack an honors class. Sorry.  Neither dh's nor my response was overly kind this morning, to put it mildly.

For the rest of the day:

• knit an ornament?  I've done one, possibly will do a second
  • take skates to be sharpened
  • iron ds's dress clothes
  • make snacks while ds packs
  • game - he's helping out a team and playing an age group higher
  • dinner: dh is picking up fast food on his way home, because we should arrive at the house around the same time

• Like 4

Had the first frost last night. Glad We got all the plants in the ground earlier this week. They are native plants so should be fine. 
Pick up cedar chips to put around plants and edging.

laundry

houseclean

empty garden boxes outside

2nd day of history day for 300 6th graders. Glad it’s only 1 week a year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

@HomeAgain, dang, I'm sorry about the response. What a mess.  

I'm sorry for the school.  They hemorrhage students and can't afford this sort of incompetence.

I started on the second ornament.  DS clothes are still drying, but I did run over to the skate shop and was thrilled his favorite sharpener was there.  DS will be home in a little over an hour so I can feed him and get him in the car.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

I have never had a job like this before, where I looked forward to not being there SO very much!

That really sucks.  I am sorry.  I am glad there are a few breaks in the next few months.  Are you thinking of staying there next year? 

• Like 1

Called a doc to get my son’s Rx glitch fixed. Whew! Got an answer right before they closed up! Glad I calked from school! 

Did a bunch of electronic chores.

Way too tired to work tonight. Discouraged that insulin is not making much headway on my blood sugar numbers. Will message my doc before Monday if they don’t move down more. 

• Sad 1

Happy birthday to me!

I did some work ... some clients were having mini emergencies, and I decided I'd better check in with the others to make sure everyone is aware of some minimally advertised deadlines.

Had pumpkin roll for cake and Chinese for lunch.  Skipping dinner because I ate junk food that people bought me.  😛  This time of year is hard on my health habits.

I managed to schedule a massage, and it was a very nice massage.

Spent a little quality time with my kids, and talked to my sister on the phone.  I'll be seeing family tomorrow as I need to go get their tax papers.

I didn't do my usual morning stretches / exercises / fruit eating.  I'm gonna cheat and call pumpkin roll a fruit.  😛  It's one day a year!  But I'm gonna do my "yoga etc." and at least a little TKD practice, and then I'm gonna walk the dog.

• Like 1